+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP masters graduate stream and accepting PhD offer

rhyme92

Jul 28, 2024
Hello, I got ITA under OINP masters graduate stream and I am on my pgwp.in the mean time I got a PhD offer for fall 2025. Can I accept the offer just ? I know the rules that I cannot enroll in studies. I have no intention to enroll or apply for study permit until my PR got approved. But my concern is, if I just accept the offer will IRCC know about it or will that create any problem while background checking. P S : I want to accept the offer so that if I do not get PR before fall 2025, I can defer at least.

tee2406

Star Member
Jun 6, 2024
Hello, I got ITA under OINP masters graduate stream and I am on my pgwp.in the mean time I got a PhD offer for fall 2025. Can I accept the offer just ? I know the rules that I cannot enroll in studies. I have no intention to enroll or apply for study permit until my PR got approved. But my concern is, if I just accept the offer will IRCC know about it or will that create any problem while background checking. P S : I want to accept the offer so that if I do not get PR before fall 2025, I can defer at least.
There is no issue besides, IRCC updated that you can go to school even on work permit but there might be restriction the length of study. You accepting your PHD and PR application is unrelated even if they find out it does not affect anything.

Reactions: rhyme92

rhyme92

Jul 28, 2024
There is no issue besides, IRCC updated that you can go to school even on work permit but there might be restriction the length of study. You accepting your PHD and PR application is unrelated even if they find out it does not affect anything.