+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP job letter 6 months left

Hanada

Apr 24, 2024
Hi everyone, I am going to file for my OINP. I have a question that today I have 6 months left in my work permit and I just got job letter for OINP signed from my employer today also. So if I do have enough time to apply today the. I have 6months left that mean I have 3 points calculated. My question is if I apply tomorrow so I have less than 6 months left on my work permit or they will calculate on my job letter at the date signed?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I am going to file for my OINP. I have a question that today I have 6 months left in my work permit and I just got job letter for OINP signed from my employer today also. So if I do have enough time to apply today the. I have 6months left that mean I have 3 points calculated. My question is if I apply tomorrow so I have less than 6 months left on my work permit or they will calculate on my job letter at the date signed?
Not sure what stream - assume FWS but the points are working 6 months or more with the employer. So you have been nominated OINP and concerned you will lose the 3 points.

Hanada

Apr 24, 2024
Not sure what stream - assume FWS but the points are working 6 months or more with the employer. So you have been nominated OINP and concerned you will lose the 3 points.
I will apply today OINP FWS and I have 6months left for my work permit and my employment letter just signed today also so I think I will have 3 points to accumulate when they draw in the future. Maybe I am wrong? So if I apply tomorrow or later that meant I don't have enough 6months left in my work permit and the time applying. So for this situation will my file be counted 3 points for 6months left. Will they count depent on the date on employment letter or at the time we submit completely the file? Please help me!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I will apply today OINP FWS and I have 6months left for my work permit and my employment letter just signed today also so I think I will have 3 points to accumulate when they draw in the future. Maybe I am wrong? So if I apply tomorrow or later that meant I don't have enough 6months left in my work permit and the time applying. So for this situation will my file be counted 3 points for 6months left. Will they count depent on the date on employment letter or at the time we submit completely the file? Please help me!
So you have submitted an Express of Interest, and in the last draw you were invited and you want to know if you count the 3 points. The question has nothing to do with time left on your work permit. The question is have you worked at least 6 months with the employer. So if you have, you can count the points.

Hanada

Apr 24, 2024
So you have submitted an Express of Interest, and in the last draw you were invited and you want to know if you count the 3 points. The question has nothing to do with time left on your work permit. The question is have you worked at least 6 months with the employer. So if you have, you can count the points.
Hi, I meant, I just start with my OINP to apply through FWS, did not get any EOI. I am sorry if I miss understood your reply!
For example, if I apply today and I will have 6 months left on my work permit, so next time drawing to get EOI, so will I get 3 points for the reason I apply at the time I have 6 months left?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I meant, I just start with my OINP to apply through FWS, did not get any EOI. I am sorry if I miss understood your reply!
For example, if I apply today and I will have 6 months left on my work permit, so next time drawing to get EOI, so will I get 3 points for the reason I apply at the time I have 6 months left?
So you are submitting your EOI. You get 10 points for having a valid work permit. You get zero points once it expires.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-5

And telling you again, you get 3 points for working for the employer for at least 6 months. This has NOTHING to do with only having 6 months left on your work permit.

Job tenure with job offer employer
  • 6 months or more working in job offer position – 3 points
  • Less than 6 months working in job offer position or not currently working in position – 0 points
The work in the job offer position must have occurred within Ontario.

Is your NOC and score even selected?

Hanada

Apr 24, 2024
Thanks you so much but I dont understand this "This has NOTHING to do with only having 6 months left on your work permit. "

My job is baker NOC 63202 working in Tims out of GTA. My consultant just applied today and I see I have 42 EOI now.
I just got OINP employment form from my employer signed today.
I have no idea with my consutant, please advice me what I should do?
When I improve my language and get T4 show 40k so can I add them to file we applied alrady or withdraw then apply a new one?

NOC TEER 2 or 3 – 8 Points
Occupational Category 5, 6 – 3 points
With valid work permit – 10 points as you said, if my WP expire then I will loose this, so I need to extend my WP if I could not get invitation yet?
6 months or more working in job offer position – 3 points
$40k or more earnings in a year – 3 points, I will have enough this income at the end of this year.
$20 to $24.99 per hour – 5 points
CLB 6 or lower – 0 points CLB 7 – 4 points - Now my IELTS is 5, I will try to get CLB 7 to get 4 points
1 Official Language – 5 points
Other areas outside GTA (except Northern Ontario) – 8 points

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks you so much but I dont understand this "This has NOTHING to do with only having 6 months left on your work permit. "

My job is baker NOC 63202 working in Tims out of GTA. My consultant just applied today and I see I have 42 EOI now.
I just got OINP employment form from my employer signed today.
I have no idea with my consutant, please advice me what I should do?
When I improve my language and get T4 show 40k so can I add them to file we applied alrady or withdraw then apply a new one?

NOC TEER 2 or 3 – 8 Points
Occupational Category 5, 6 – 3 points
With valid work permit – 10 points as you said, if my WP expire then I will loose this, so I need to extend my WP if I could not get invitation yet?
6 months or more working in job offer position – 3 points
$40k or more earnings in a year – 3 points, I will have enough this income at the end of this year.
$20 to $24.99 per hour – 5 points
CLB 6 or lower – 0 points CLB 7 – 4 points - Now my IELTS is 5, I will try to get CLB 7 to get 4 points
1 Official Language – 5 points
Other areas outside GTA (except Northern Ontario) – 8 points
You need to increase your points. I don’t think there has been a general draw in a long time and your NOC isn’t in specific draws for trades/healthcare/IT etc. Last general draw in January 2024 was 50 points.

Hanada

Apr 24, 2024
You need to increase your points. I don’t think there has been a general draw in a long time and your NOC isn’t in specific draws for trades/healthcare/IT etc. Last general draw in January 2024 was 50 points.
Could you please answer my quesstions in the post?! Thanks!

Hanada

Apr 24, 2024
I also heard about express entry through PNP, do you know how to make it work? I would apply CEC one.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I also heard about express entry through PNP, do you know how to make it work? I would apply CEC one.
CEC is through Express Entry. Not through PNP.

Reactions: Hanada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You mean OINP Human Capital Stream through Express Entry? Don’t think your NOC is included. CEC is an option if your score is high enough.

Hanada

Apr 24, 2024
You mean OINP Human Capital Stream through Express Entry? Don’t think your NOC is included. CEC is an option if your score is high enough.
Is there any option like CEC but get approval for Ontario PNP like normally people must get CRS around 600, but if apply through PNP they can get CRS around just over. I read a topic about that from a website not official one so not really sure or maybe I am wrong.

Do you know about that?
Thanks you so much for everything!