+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - IELTS to expire and no ITA yet

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Hi AKPrasad,

What was the outcome? Can you please share? I think I am getting into the same situation as you were a few months ago...in ONE WEEK (Nov 22).

My IELTS is expiring on Nov 22, and I have already given IELTS twice (Aug and Oct) but my scores have been lower than the current score, taking my CRS to 399. I am giving IELTS again on Nov 19, but the result will come after 13 days, and by then my EE Profile will become invalidated as IELTS will expire.

What should I do?

SENIORS /Experts : Pls guide...

I was thinking of writing to OINP but am worried if I mention my CRS will go below 400, they may outright reject my application.

My details:
CRS : 410 ( as per OINP)
App Date: Feb 2
AOR: Aug 11
IELTS Score : R9 L 8.5 W8 S 7.5 (expiring Nov 22)
IELTS Score ( Spouse): R 8 L 8 W 7.5 S 7.5
New IELTS scores -
Aug and Oct bring my CRS below 400

One option is that I send my husbands IELTS for re-marking; if his new score improves by 0.5 in Writing, then I will be at 401. But due to paucity of time, I need to inform OINP of the same. In the meanwhile, my Nov 19 Score will come by Dec 2 , and hopefully it will be enough to keep me afloat, and above 400 even with my husbands new Score as-is. Then I can simply update EE CIC profile on Dec 2 , and inform OINP of revised CRS. BUT, in the meanwhile, my CIC PROFILE will expire.....!!!!!! How do I address that issue!?!

Pls HELP!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Kanika

Kirat305

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Guys need urgent help

My IELTS is going to expire this month and my OINP is in assessment stage (giving exam this month)

1) I just need to score CLB7 for EE now right to be eligible and not the same bands, right? Because it will be hard for me to score same earlier scores

2) For the new scores do I need to inform OINP? Will there be any problem if my new scores will be less based on new IELTS results?

Reactions: Timrepy Duts
Sep 30, 2022
Hi, I'm facing the same issue. Me and my husband got a nomination approval letter yesterday i.e 29th Sep 2022 but my husband's ielts expired and his profile is inactive. We have to accept the nomination letter in 30 days. Appearing for IELTs and getting the score card will take good time as the paper pen test is on 15th Oct 2022. Results will take another couple of weeks and we don't have time to wait till then. Can anyone pls suggest what can be done in this scenario