+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Human Capital (Express Entry) vs OINP Masters Graduates (non-Express Entry)

urbanist

Jun 23, 2014
Hi, I will be graduating with master's from Ontario this year, and it seems that my Express Entry (EE) CRS score will be at most about 439...
Judging by the previous EE draws it seems I won't likely be selected for the Express Entry FSWP without an LMIA job offer or a provincial nomination.

Which leaves me with two possibilities, both of which will cost an additional $1500...
1) apply thru the OINP Masters Graduates stream, which is non-Express Entry, and thus takes 3 months of Ontario processing PLUS 15 MONTHS OF FEDERAL PROCESSING!!!

2) Register in the EE pool and wait for the OINP Human Capital Stream nomination, which is aligned with Express Entry FSWP and takes up to 6 months to process, assuming Ontario extends me their nomination upon my registration in the pool... I would need to more documents though, confirming my previous employment and stuff in order to comply with the FSWP requirements.

I was really going to apply for the first option, before I learnt about the crazy federal processing time of 15 months! Did I mentioned it's crazy?
At the same time, I don't know how often Ontario extends a Human Capital nomination for people in the EE pool, so any feedback would be appreciated...

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
I think it's best to go through Express Entry!
Unless of course if you wouldn't mind the long federal processing wait time using the non express entry route!
Good luck

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I think no one on this forum has reported receiving an invite to Human Capital Priorities since February.

Do you already have 1 year of work experience?

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
bellaluna said:
I think no one on this forum has reported receiving an invite to Human Capital Priorities since February.

Do you already have 1 year of work experience?
Some have received for the French track so if he's proficient in French I reckon he can still try the EE route.

urbanist

Jun 23, 2014
Yes, I've got 2 years of full-time experience. The reason people haven't been getting their EOI this year is because Ontario ran out of nominations early:
see the notice as of May 9, 2016: www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

I think I will have to apply through Express Entry because I cannot afford to wait for so long...