+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Express Entry - once application is sent how long before we get an answer?

blebelle

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to all,
I've submitted an application for Express entry on March 7th, Ontario sent me an NOI on the same day.
My application & supporting documents arrived in Toronto on April 14th.
Question to anyone who has performed similar Express Entry / ONIP / Skill Workers process : How long would it take to get a feedback from OINP ?
I know they're saying they have 90 days to give an answer but can it be sooner ?
Many thanks for any insights & have a great day.
Bernard

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Welcome to the forum!

Expect 4-6 months for your AOR and nomination.

OINP has only started issuing acknowledgements to December applicants. You have a long wait.

blebelle

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ bellaluna Thanks for your answer. 4/6 months will be a long wait indeed. So does the 90 days stands as a guideline only ? Or is it because it's a new program and they are ramping up on the process itself ?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It's because they've so far received far more applications than they can handle since Express Entry launched.

The 90 day standard starts after they issue the acknowledgment, which right now takes 4-5 months.

By the way, did you apply to the French-speaking stream?

blebelle

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I've applied to the French Skilled Worker Stream. I was told that Ontario was looking for French Speaking Immigrants.
Do you reckon this will make a difference in the processing time ?
Many thanks for your help

aydesign

May 5, 2016
Hi everyone!!

I will send my application package for French Speaking Skilled Worker program. But I'm outside Canada, and I didn't understand how to transfer the application fee 1500$. Is there any bank account for the transfer?

Is there anyone who already applied to help me about the process?

Please Help...

blebelle

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello aydesign, I asked the International Department of my bank to issue a cheque in Canadian dollars which I sent along with my application.

Giggs31

Jan 19, 2016
Hii There,

My NOC is 0122, can anybody suggest how is PEI for this NOC jobs (banking / credit managers). I will process my application by coming week.

Thanks

Aniclb

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 23-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
Hi

I hv received a PT from Ontario under the French Speaking Skills stream, I hv sent my file on 4th June 2016. I am yet to get a AOR. As per the current situation, the authorities seem to be overloaded and looks like the wait could be longer than the 90 days, they hv mentionned. It's good that we could keep each other up to date on this. Since most of you have applied before me, I guess you will receive your AOR, way before me !

Anyway, wish all of you well for your French-OINP project. If anyone is interested in getting to "converse" or "chat" in French, I am open to it :D !!!

A bon entendeur, salut ! ;) ;)

Tito G

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Aniclb,

I am not applying under the French-OINP but would be nice to chat in french :).

I applied since January but have not received any acknowledge yet, since they are still attending to their backlog, I guess its all a waiting game, so I am still waiting.

All the best!