+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
I have been in talks with few experts regarding OINP and they said that no new NOI is expected for HCP stream for this year.

There are two main reason firstly OINP wants to use these for other streams that have recently added by CIC.

Then, there are already sufficient NOI within 6 months period that can be nominated if OINP re-opens.

However, a close person told me that OINP has changed an approach to nominate that includes quarter plans instead of annual. That means OINP is trying to open-close-reopen for each quarter. This gives hope that they may still accept new applications (those with exisiting NOI) in the last quarter of this year. Looking at the recent trends it seems true as OINP have given priorities to different Streams in each quarter.

Good luck to all waiting.

rad_mak

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have total experience of 5.5 yrs full time and 2 yrs freelancing, all in IT and digital marketing. I have been working full time for past one year.

During this course of time, my job codes have changed, although still under NOC 0 and A. So to calculate FSW points, how much experience should I consider. Earlier I used to be a software programmer and now I am into writing blogs and Learning & Development activities.

I dont want to miss out the Human Capital Priorities stream benefit of Ontario, but also think that if HCP stream is closed and other job codes get priority, then too it would be my loss if I apply under HCP. I read in above posts that there are enough applications under HCP.

Also, I have a distant aunt (Daughter of Father's real aunt) who's citizen. As per CIC, I cannot get points, need to have real aunt, but any advice if I should go ahead and claim points for this. Without this factor, my score is 62. If I consider this factor, I can get additional 5 points and become eligible Ontario - EEFSW category.

Please advise.

omojoeky

Jul 9, 2017
1. Renew your license, it'll help you get a full Ontario driver's license without having to take driving lessons nor waiting - you'd have to get a partial license (only day-driving, can't drive in highways), then wait two years to get the full license. If your country's alphabet doesn't follow the roman/arabic standard, you'll need to issue an international driver's license.

2. The entire family will have the province's healthcare system (OHIP) after 90 days living in Ontario, so you'll need to buy health insurance throughout the period. Your oldest child can already go to the public school system, but you'll have to provide daycare on your own to your one-year child, and daycare is paid in Ontario. You can have financial support for daycare, but it's tax rebate or subsidy based, so you'll still have to provide some cash. I've seen daycares as low as $1000/month in Toronto, maybe a bit cheaper in smaller cities.

3. Housing costs vary a LOT in Ontario. You won't find a 2-room apartment/basement for less than $1500/month from a reliable landlord in Toronto. Ontario laws demand that you live in at least a 2-room house due to your family structure, and if your children are from opposite genders, you'll have to move to a 3-room place when the older child turns five. A 3-room in Toronto is awfully expensive (at least $2500). I highly recommend you consider living in a smaller city (Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph) if you're looking for cheaper housing costs. They aren't much cheaper, either, but much lighter than Toronto. I think you still can get a 3-room apartment/house for less than $2000 in the KWC region, and the place is a nice IT job hub.

Still regarding housing, save at least $6000 for that alone. Usually you´re required to deposit the first and last month of rent, but some landlords have required three, four, even SIX months in advance if you don´t have credit history, specially in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

Hello,.thanks. pls keep writing.this advice is useful for now and a long time to come. cheers.

rodrigopaixao

Aug 24, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi Huys,

I saw on Facebook that you have more chances to be invited by OINP if you close and recreate your profile while they're open to invitation? I have 405 points, 5 years experience in IT overseas and 1 year experience in Canada. IS that true about the profile thing? Thanks!

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
I have NOI received on 29June. I was preparing my documents and they stopped registration. Any idea when they will start accepting new registration?

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
I have been in talks with few experts regarding OINP and they said that no new NOI is expected for HCP stream for this year.

There are two main reason firstly OINP wants to use these for other streams that have recently added by CIC.

Then, there are already sufficient NOI within 6 months period that can be nominated if OINP re-opens.

However, a close person told me that OINP has changed an approach to nominate that includes quarter plans instead of annual. That means OINP is trying to open-close-reopen for each quarter. This gives hope that they may still accept new applications (those with exisiting NOI) in the last quarter of this year. Looking at the recent trends it seems true as OINP have given priorities to different Streams in each quarter.

I hope they reopen in September

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
Finally I got the nomination.. Application was processed without any additional document requests. This group was very helpful to submit my OINP application.

@BillHyatt @anwar01 bro.. you guys are amazing.. Thanks a lot for your support.. !!

My timeline :

Submitted : 25th July
Assessment : 28th July
DIP: 18th August
Nomination : 13th Sept.
CRS - 356
NOC : 2281
My NOC is also 2281. I have NOI but OINP is closed now for new registration..

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017

I´ve noticed this trend thoughout the year, so this makes complete sense.

Looking at the remaining quota as of august, I´ve already thought that, IF HCP ever reopens this year, it´ll only open for people who can still apply with a valid NOI. I also believe that, when and if HCP reopens, it´ll probably close again in a few hours, best scenario 1-2 days, since they´ll be swarmed again with applications.

The only reason I still believe they may reopen registration is this statement in the answer they´ve sent to me by e-mail, when I inquired them:

"There is no specific date as to when the Human Capital Priorities Stream will re-open or when the NOIs will also be re-issued. Please monitor this OINP update webpage for news, announcements and new developments in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. The Monthly Nomination Report is also available here http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_PROCESSINGTIMES.html"

Another touchy thing, they delayed the september report. Probably because they still have more than 1000 nominations left and they don´t want to raise speculations about a HCP reopening.

Reactions: saifjack021

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Huys,

I saw on Facebook that you have more chances to be invited by OINP if you close and recreate your profile while they're open to invitation? I have 405 points, 5 years experience in IT overseas and 1 year experience in Canada. IS that true about the profile thing? Thanks!
It is not just true but a requirement of OINP Nomination to re-create file near to dates when they send NOI. So, when in future OINP will update their website that they have re-opened HCP stream then all candidates without NOI will have to recreate profile to be selected. No need to re-create at the moment.

I hope this will help. Good Luck.

rbhumra

Sep 14, 2017
Hi Guys,
Ontario has put their OINP HCP stream on hold. Can any one here suggest when the stream would be reopened as i am really getting stressed now as my NOI will get expire on 1st Dec 2017...
Please suggest will the stream open again in 2017???

lkumarx

Jun 22, 2017
Received my nomination :)

CRS score - 417
NOC - 2173
Timeline-
EE profile created - July 06,2017
NOI received July 11, 2017
Application submitted/AOR received - July 20, 2017
Assessment - Aug 15, 2017
DIP - Aug 17, 2017
Nominated - Sept 12, 2017