Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Some people with even lower CRS claimed that they got the NOI right after they have created a profile. I don't know why I didn't get it. An agency did it for me. Looks they are not doing a good job.
Ontario was issuing NOIs to ICT workers with scores under 400 in the last week of June, and only that week, I believe. So if you weren't in the pool or your profile was old that week, you missed out on that chance. When did your agency create your EE profile?

juleswantpr

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Ontario was issuing NOIs to ICT workers with scores under 400 in the last week of June, and only that week, I believe. So if you weren't in the pool or your profile was old that week, you missed out on that chance. When did your agency create your EE profile?
July 4th

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Bummer! Looks like you were a week too late. I also really hope they will eventually start issuing NOIs to ICT workers under 400 again. I will lose 11 points on my birthday in February 2018, and my NOI will expire in January, so if they don't reopen the HCP stream by then, I will be under 400 and without a NOI.

juleswantpr

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Bummer! Looks like you were a week too late. I also really hope they will eventually start issuing NOIs to ICT workers under 400 again. I will lose 11 points on my birthday in February 2018, and my NOI will expire in January, so if they don't reopen the HCP stream by then, I will be under 400 and without a NOI.
Well at least I know it's not the agency's fault. I hope it's gonna reopen soon. And issue NOI for ICT candidates under 400.

Reactions: trumprefugee

M DEV

May 2, 2017
That's a real heartbreak but u will get through by then. Don't worry. Soon the HCP stream will open and we will be nominated with in no tym.Lets pray hard.

Reactions: trumprefugee

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
That's a real heartbreak but u will get through by then. Don't worry. Soon the HCP stream will open and we will be nominated with in no tym.Lets pray hard.
I'm in the same boat as all of you.

At least this time I'm ready and sharp. Couldn't have applied before because I didn't have the full POF amount required (I was expected to have such funds by next month, not in july). I managed to get a gift from my father-in-law, but OINP locked applications the same day he deposited the money.

koniloni

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Will I get any benefit if I take my driving licence in Ontario? I am from Bangladesh. My driving licence will expire on Nov, 11 2017. Should I renew it before I go to Canada?

Again, what type of benefits will we get in Ontario? I have four family members. Me, my husband and two daughters. One is 4yrs old and other is 1yr old.

How much it takes to rent a two bed house in there? Is there any way so that I select my house before I go to Ontario? How much the rent cost vary for different city?

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Will I get any benefit if I take my driving licence in Ontario? I am from Bangladesh. My driving licence will expire on Nov, 11 2017. Should I renew it before I go to Canada?

Again, what type of benefits will we get in Ontario? I have four family members. Me, my husband and two daughters. One is 4yrs old and other is 1yr old.

How much it takes to rent a two bed house in there? Is there any way so that I select my house before I go to Ontario? How much the rent cost vary for different city?
1. Renew your license, it'll help you get a full Ontario driver's license without having to take driving lessons nor waiting - you'd have to get a partial license (only day-driving, can't drive in highways), then wait two years to get the full license. If your country's alphabet doesn't follow the roman/arabic standard, you'll need to issue an international driver's license.

2. The entire family will have the province's healthcare system (OHIP) after 90 days living in Ontario, so you'll need to buy health insurance throughout the period. Your oldest child can already go to the public school system, but you'll have to provide daycare on your own to your one-year child, and daycare is paid in Ontario. You can have financial support for daycare, but it's tax rebate or subsidy based, so you'll still have to provide some cash. I've seen daycares as low as $1000/month in Toronto, maybe a bit cheaper in smaller cities.

3. Housing costs vary a LOT in Ontario. You won't find a 2-room apartment/basement for less than $1500/month from a reliable landlord in Toronto. Ontario laws demand that you live in at least a 2-room house due to your family structure, and if your children are from opposite genders, you'll have to move to a 3-room place when the older child turns five. A 3-room in Toronto is awfully expensive (at least $2500). I highly recommend you consider living in a smaller city (Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph) if you're looking for cheaper housing costs. They aren't much cheaper, either, but much lighter than Toronto. I think you still can get a 3-room apartment/house for less than $2000 in the KWC region, and the place is a nice IT job hub.

Still regarding housing, save at least $6000 for that alone. Usually you´re required to deposit the first and last month of rent, but some landlords have required three, four, even SIX months in advance if you don´t have credit history, specially in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

Last edited:

koniloni

Star Member
May 5, 2015
1. Renew your license, it'll help you get a full Ontario driver's license without having to take driving lessons nor waiting - you'd have to get a partial license (only day-driving, can't drive in highways), then wait two years to get the full license. If your country's alphabet doesn't follow the roman/arabic standard, you'll need to issue an international driver's license.

2. The entire family will have the province's healthcare system (OHIP) after 90 days living in Ontario, so you'll need to buy health insurance throughout the period. Your oldest child can already go to the public school system, but you'll have to provide daycare on your own to your one-year child, and daycare is paid in Ontario. You can have financial support for daycare, but it's tax rebate or subsidy based, so you'll still have to provide some cash. I've seen daycares as low as $1000/month in Toronto, maybe a bit cheaper in smaller cities.

3. Housing costs vary a LOT in Ontario. You won't find a 2-room apartment/basement for less than $1500/month from a reliable landlord in Toronto. Ontario laws demand that you live in at least a 2-room house due to your family structure, and if your children are from opposite genders, you'll have to move to a 3-room place when the older child turns five. A 3-room in Toronto is awfully expensive (at least $2500). I highly recommend you consider living in a smaller city (Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph) if you're looking for cheaper housing costs. They aren't much cheaper, either, but much lighter than Toronto. I think you still can get a 3-room apartment/house for less than $2000 in the KWC region, and the place is a nice IT job hub.

Still regarding housing, save at least $6000 for that alone. Usually you´re required to deposit the first and last month of rent, but some landlords have required three, four, even SIX months in advance if you don´t have credit history, specially in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).
Thanks for your advice.

tiagaoxavier

Jul 26, 2017
Hi everyone and hero members particularly! I would appreciate some help with my current situation…

I have received the NOI from Ontario late June but didn´t send my application before HCP was put on hold. In the meantime, my IELTS expired (2 years) and yesterday I received a message from IRCC that my Express Entry profile was not eligible anymore.

Today I got the results from the CELPIP test I took a few weeks ago. I wanted to update my profile but it seems like it is gone and I cannot change anything there.

So, how should I proceed? Create another profile? Will my NOI be linked to my new EE profile? Will the NOI still be valid if I create another EE profile?

Please, I would appreciate any help regarding this topic. I got really worried because I got the NOI on the ICT week and I am well below the 400 CRS points.

Thanks! Tiago