+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Do I need letters for investments (Unit trusts, ETF) to prove they are liquid and accessible for Settlement Funds?

RabzP

Jan 10, 2024
Hi guys,

I am currently completing my OINP profile and am stuck at the Proof of Settlement Funds section. I have a couple of investments - Unit Trusts and ETF - which are naturally easily accessible and can be liquidated at any time.
This worries me, as the OINP page states the following:

Copies of your statements of account for investments such as fixed term deposits and/or mutual funds and a current letter from the financial institution indicating that the funds are available. The letter should confirm that the investments can be liquidated (readily converted to cash) or redeemed on instructions and at what value.
I am struggling to get letters from the Investment Institutions that state that my investments can easily be withdrawn and liquidated.

My question is, do I need a letter from the Investment companies that my Unit Trusts and ETFs can be accessed and liquidated easily at any time?

TLDR : Do I need letters from my banks stating that my Unit Trusts/ETF are liquid and accessible at any time?

Reactions: Arikewuyo lukmon