+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application sent in March 2016

Rob2K

Aug 23, 2016
MZASAM said:
Congrats!! Very wise decision. Good luck.
Thanks MZASAM :) Apparently I sent a email yesterday to OINP saying I will be withdrawing my application and also refund 1500 CAD, which is yet to be en cashed. However i did not get any reply from them. Just wondering should I follow-up with them or shall i send them a fax saying i will not be going ahead with OINP app ?

Thank you,

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob2K said:
Thanks MZASAM :) Apparently I sent a email yesterday to OINP saying I will be withdrawing my application and also refund 1500 CAD, which is yet to be en cashed. However i did not get any reply from them. Just wondering should I follow-up with them or shall i send them a fax saying i will not be going ahead with OINP app ?

Thank you,
Better to fax and possibly call. As the DD is not en cashed, there is a chance of getting the refund.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html

Rob2K

Aug 23, 2016
MZASAM said:
Better to fax and possibly call. As the DD is not en cashed, there is a chance of getting the refund.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html
Many thanks MZASAM :)

amanaapj2000

Sep 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Me too got a payment receipt on 11 Oct.
@bestofluck - what is the next step and how much time it will take to nomination

Rob2K

Aug 23, 2016
Got the ITA today (NS nomination). At the same time got the receipt for the new DD as well :( Apparently i had sent out a withdrawal email yesterday, but was shocked to see the receipt for the new DD. However i tried calling OINP to ask about the refund and luckily got connected, the gentleman told me that when the application is at the later stages then it is next to impossible to get refund. I told him my application assessment hasnt even started yet, for which he said he will contact the team, and do his best to get me the refund.

Hope i get the refund.

Congratulations to those who received the ITA, and all the very best to other friends with their nominations. :)

Thank you,

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Rob2K said:
Got the ITA today (NS nomination). At the same time got the receipt for the new DD as well :( Apparently i had sent out a withdrawal email yesterday, but was shocked to see the receipt for the new DD. However i tried calling OINP to ask about the refund and luckily got connected, the gentleman told me that when the application is at the later stages then it is next to impossible to get refund. I told him my application assessment hasnt even started yet, for which he said he will contact the team, and do his best to get me the refund.

Hope i get the refund.

Congratulations to those who received the ITA, and all the very best to other friends with their nominations. :)

Thank you,
Well I hope you get a refund but I think it's unlikely, especially now that you've received the receipt, that means your application has gone into processing and from that point onwards they say they don't issue receipts. However, given that they seemed to be overwhelmed they may welcome people dropping out and may concede refunds... so fingers' crossed.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob2K said:

Hope i get the refund.

Thank you,
ah man thats unlucky... $1500 is a lot of money.. it seems unlikely it will be refunded... but you never know - i wouldnt give up without a proper fight ha ha

goodl uck with the rest of the journey

Rob2K

Aug 23, 2016
g126 said:
Well I hope you get a refund but I think it's unlikely, especially now that you've received the receipt, that means your application has gone into processing and from that point onwards they say they don't issue receipts. However, given that they seemed to be overwhelmed they may welcome people dropping out and may concede refunds... so fingers' crossed.
I really hope they consider my case, refund me the money. The saddest part was got my ITA email first then got my receipt..:(

Rob2K

Aug 23, 2016
thestunner316 said:
ah man thats unlucky... $1500 is a lot of money.. it seems unlikely it will be refunded... but you never know - i wouldn't give up without a proper fight ha ha

goodl uck with the rest of the journey
Thanks my friend. I know its a lot of money :( My case is not even in assessment stage, that guy somewhat sounded positive about the refund, however you never know. I seriously hope i get my money back.

Good luck with your application :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Rob2K said:
I really hope they consider my case, refund me the money. The saddest part was got my ITA email first then got my receipt..:(
Good luck and I hope that you get your money back but unfortunately, it is very unlikely. A receipt on your new DD means the draft has been cashed. There's no harm in trying though!

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Rob2K: Congrats for your ITA. Celebrate it, instead of thinking much about the refund. It's highly unlikely. Keep trying for it. There are certain gains
certain losses, some times we meet success sometimes failures. That's life. We need to remain happy irrespective of the scenario.

Rob2K

Aug 23, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Good luck and I hope that you get your money back but unfortunately, it is very unlikely. A receipt on your new DD means the draft has been cashed. There's no harm in trying though!
Thanks rajkamalmohanram. Let me keep trying till some outcome happens. Good luck with your nomination and ITA :)

Rob2K

Aug 23, 2016
MZASAM said:

Rob2K: Congrats for your ITA. Celebrate it, instead of thinking much about the refund. It's highly unlikely. Keep trying for it. There are certain gains
certain losses, some times we meet success sometimes failures. That's life. We need to remain happy irrespective of the scenario.

Thanks MZASAM :) Absolutely, this is the time one should celebrate and look ahead what lies, rather than look back and worry. I will try my best to get my money back, if not I just have to move on. Good luck with your nomination and ITA :)

Cheers!!

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob2K said:
Thanks MZASAM :) Absolutely, this is the time one should celebrate and look ahead what lies, rather than look back and worry. I will try my best to get my money back, if not I just have to move on. Good luck with your nomination and ITA :)

Cheers!!
That's the spirit which will keep us happy and remain focused on the objectives. :D ;)

maribui

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-01-2017
Congrats, Rob2k! I hope you get your refund. If not, no worries. You got the most important thing, the ITA!