+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application Guide Related Queries & Generic PNP Doubts

queengee

Sep 26, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Congratulations!

The basic criteria are to have a 400+ score and at least a Canadian bachelors degree (or equivalent ECA). No special NOCs.

You will have to send them a completed application along with hard-copy documents. You have 45 days to send it to them. You will also need to pay a non-refundable fee of 1500 CAD. If they approve your application, you will receive 600 additional points in your MyCIC profile and a guaranteed ITA in the very next draw.

All the best!
OK.

So, downloaded the application form from OINP website. Also, came across the application guide which gave me clarity of few things but also raised new questions in mind, for which I now need your help. Below are excerpts from the information provided in the application guide and subsequent queries. Request a helpful response and cooperation, the list of doubts is long :(

I. Questions from the Application Guide for Ontario Nominee Application Form -

1. If you choose to be assessed against the FSWP criteria, OINP requires
that you have a minimum of one year of continuous and full-time
employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous
part-time paid work experience in a National Occupation Classification
(NOC) level 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the
date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario.
Question - I have joined a new workplace 2 months ago and presently working there under the same NOC code in which I have previous experience. However, in last 5 years, I have moved to 2-3 organizations, with frequent gaps of 1 week - 12 weeks in between the old and new job. So, how do I define my employment status during those gap months. Should I mention those gap durations in the application form or only mention dates when I was under employment year-on-year. And if I do mention the gaps, I would have to write unemployed in the status. So will that affect my application evaluation?

2. Copy of current résumé indicating relevant work experience.
Questions - Can somebody genuinely help in evaluating my work resume and check for their particular requirements please? I honestly have read innumerable sources suggesting how to write effective resumes but still not clear about matching NOC code's duties with the roles & duties I have performed in my past experience. I'm ready to share my existing resume for evaluation.

3. Copies of employment reference letters from previous/current employers for
all periods of work stated in the application
Question - I have the employment contract given at the time of joining each organization in last 5 years and the letter of relieving from each. Are reference letters something different from these two types of documents? If yes, how can I get these from my previous employers? Request guidance.

4. Copy of pay stubs.
Questions - I might not have payslips from older organizations. Can I submit the pay stubs of my current organization? How many will be required? Last 3 months/6 months? Or the entire working tenure? :eek:

5. OINP must be satisfied that funds are unencumbered and readily transferable in a
convertible currency.
Question - Can I show funds in my family member's account even if he/she is not accompanying me?

6. You are required to declare your intention to reside in Ontario in Section F of the
Nominee Application Form. You must provide a statement of intent stating your
reasons to settle in Ontario and your ties to Ontario.
Question - How to provide this statement? Which format? I feel terribly embarrassed for not being able to understand this at all. :(

7. You may also provide evidence of your ties to Ontario. Ties to Ontario can include
but are not limited to, the following:
 Employment in Ontario;
 Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario;
 Volunteer work in Ontario;
 Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership;
 Professional networks and affiliations;
 Family ties;
 Social connections or personal relationships; and/or
 Previous visits to Ontario.
Question - Have none of these. Now what do I do? Will this affect my application?

II. Questions outside the Application Guide/ Generic Queries related to PNP -

1. Though I have received PT Notification from Ontario basis my CRS points in EE profile, I have no ties in Ontario as stated above. So, what is a better decision -
a) Apply for OINP and play a gamble of 1500 CAD
OR
b) Apply for other state's nominee program like Saskatchewan or New Brunswick where the application fee is also less?

2. Does NOC/ field of past work experience outside Canada has any relevancy while applying for a particular PNP? For example - If I'm a media/advertising professional, does it make my application more relevant for Ontario or New Brunswick or some other province?

I'm sorry for such a long list of queries but I'm really stressed and humbly seek your advise as I'm left with less than 3 weeks to apply for OINP.

Thanks a lot!!

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queengee said:
OK.

So, downloaded the application form from OINP website. Also, came across the application guide which gave me clarity of few things but also raised new questions in mind, for which I now need your help. Below are excerpts from the information provided in the application guide and subsequent queries. Request a helpful response and cooperation, the list of doubts is long :(

Question - I have joined a new workplace 2 months ago and presently working there under the same NOC code in which I have previous experience. However, in last 5 years, I have moved to 2-3 organizations, with frequent gaps of 1 week - 12 weeks in between the old and new job. So, how do I define my employment status during those gap months. Should I mention those gap durations in the application form or only mention dates when I was under employment year-on-year. And if I do mention the gaps, I would have to write unemployed in the status. So will that affect my application evaluation?

Yes, you should mention the gaps. As long as you would have had 1 year of continuous work exp with a single employer, you should be good.

Questions - Can somebody genuinely help in evaluating my work resume and check for their particular requirements please? I honestly have read innumerable sources suggesting how to write effective resumes but still not clear about matching NOC code's duties with the roles & duties I have performed in my past experience. I'm ready to share my existing resume for evaluation.

Question - I have the employment contract given at the time of joining each organization in last 5 years and the letter of relieving from each. Are reference letters something different from these two types of documents? If yes, how can I get these from my previous employers? Request guidance.

Reference Letters should list out your roles and responsibilities along with your company contact details. This should ideally be in sync with the NOC code that you are applying. Additionally, it is also good to have the hours worked/ week, salary info, fulltime/part-time etc. You should get in touch with your previous employers and explain them your situation and the need for his letter.

4. Copy of pay stubs.
Questions - I might not have payslips from older organizations. Can I submit the pay stubs of my current organization? How many will be required? Last 3 months/6 months? Or the entire working tenure? :eek:
Last 6 months should be fine. As long as you can get reference letters from every employer, this is just an optional document. But if you have, you can include.

5. OINP must be satisfied that funds are unencumbered and readily transferable in a
convertible currency.
Question - Can I show funds in my family member's account even if he/she is not accompanying me?

No, you cannot. Funds have to be in your name. They can gift you the money and you can show the proof that it is a gifted money and you do not need to return them.

6. You are required to declare your intention to reside in Ontario in Section F of the
Question - How to provide this statement? Which format? I feel terribly embarrassed for not being able to understand this at all. :(

Before providing you the nomination from Ontario, they would like to know your willingness and your keen interest to settle down in their province. You just have to explain them if you have any existing connections with Ontario and if you do not, just think through and prepare a letter on what all ways you are currently trying to establish the connection. That should work. There is no fixed format of letter.

7. You may also provide evidence of your ties to Ontario. Ties to Ontario can include
 Employment in Ontario;
 Family ties;
Question - Have none of these. Now what do I do? Will this affect my application?

Lots of ppl in this forum did not have any tie-ups and still managed to get a nomination. Think through if you current/ prior employers have any connections to Ontario. If so, you can mention that you are trying to reach out to them to expand your prof network that will help you settle faster. This letter just needs to show your willingness/keenness or efforts that you are putting to move/settle in Ontario. They do not ask proof for these things. Hence, I am sure you can definitely create some connections for yourself.

1. Though I have received PT Notification from Ontario basis my CRS points in EE profile, I have no ties in Ontario as stated above. So, what is a better decision -
OR
b) Apply for other state's nominee program like Saskatchewan or New Brunswick where the application fee is also less?

That's completely upto you. I do not have details on your NOC or your job details. Please do some research on where your job prospects are better and choose accordingly. It is sometimes good to go by what is better for us in future rather than being short sighted.

2. Does NOC/ field of past work experience outside Canada has any relevancy while applying for a particular PNP? For example - If I'm a media/advertising professional, does it make my application more relevant for Ontario or New Brunswick or some other province?

You will the best person who can answer these for yourselves and I am sure a little bit of ground work on these will help you decide.

I'm sorry for such a long list of queries but I'm really stressed and humbly seek your advise as I'm left with less than 3 weeks to apply for OINP.

Thanks a lot!!

Reactions: sundar17feb99

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Hi QueenGee,
You have framed your questions so beautifully me sure you will get an ITA soon.
I don't remember someone previously from India had asked all these questions. Let me find the thread and post the link here.

Mean while ASIVAD ANAC can help.

Thanks and Regards.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
queengee said:
OK.

Moving organizations dosen't matter, as long as you have a minimum of 1year of continuous and full-time
employment that tantamounts to 1,560 hours or more. Yes, please mention the gaps as unemployed and clarify them in a LoE. It should not affect the application as changing jobs isn't against the law.

Thats not required, just update your resume in a lucid, crisp and readable manner, with consistent fonts and aligned to Canadian style (this is not mandatory though) as much as possible for their easy read and not to mention it should be aligned to the NOC Code(s) that you mention in your OINP application Form. Take guidance from NOC details that are illustrated in the NOC 2011 document.

What you have is fine but you need the reference letters as requested by OINP/CIC in their prescribed format. You have no other way than to ask fro them from your previous employers.

4. Copy of pay stubs.

Pay stubs are not a mandatory requirement. You can give them if you have them just as an additional document to prove that your employment was paid and not charity. Count of pay stubs you can decide 2-3 should be fine.

convertible currency.

No, unless if he/she is accompanying. The funds should be in your account and readily available (currency dosen't matter)

As you would write a formal letter to anyone for your intensions to reside (with valid reasons) in Ontario

 Employment in Ontario;
 Family ties;

Then say 'None'. Can you do something about it? If the answer is 'No' and Will it affect your application? thats for them to decide, so leave it to them.

OR

If you think you have better chances with other provinces, then take a call as OINP is paid, spend it wisely, but don't assume about your lack of chances without substantial evidence to do so. If you have better chances in other provinces apply there as well (if you can).

Not necessarily, (no evidence yet). Take a call if you know any better.

Hope they help!
Thanks a lot!!

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queengee said:
OK.

4. Copy of pay stubs.

convertible currency.

 Employment in Ontario;
 Family ties;

OR

Thanks a lot!!
Additionally, you can also go through the following thread where several of these issue have already been discussed in the past. Please spend some time on it
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oopnp-acknowledgment-received-t307460.3765.html

queengee

Sep 26, 2015
The problem is that though I will able to arrange and pay 1500 CAD for OINP Application fee, I do not have the required amount to show as settlement funds as of now.

Only 15 days are left out of the 45 days from the date of receiving PT notification. So, I'm not able to arrange such an amount even as gift from somebody.

So, should I let this deadline lapse? If I'm not able to send my application within these 45 days, is there a chance that I might receive another PT notification?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
queengee said:
The problem is that though I will able to arrange and pay 1500 CAD for OINP Application fee, I do not have the required amount to show as settlement funds as of now.

Only 15 days are left out of the 45 days from the date of receiving PT notification. So, I'm not able to arrange such an amount even as gift from somebody.

So, should I let this deadline lapse? If I'm not able to send my application within these 45 days, is there a chance that I might receive another PT notification?
The fact is settlement fund is crucial for the application, so try as much as possible to arrange for it and not let the opportunity pass by.

If you let it lapse there is no guarantee that you will get another PT notification.

All the best.

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
CanadaWeCome said:
The fact is settlement fund is crucial for the application, so try as much as possible to arrange for it and not let the opportunity pass by.

If you let it lapse there is no guarantee that you will get another PT notification.

All the best.
I think you won't get PT Notification again with same profile. If you delete this one and create new there might be a possibility of getting a PT Notification again. You can try your luck. CanadaWeCome I think these are system generated notifications.
I am hating the system now as it is not transparent.

QueenGee wish you luck and I will suggest you to avail this opportunity.

From the day you send out PT Application and till the date you receive the ITA you can arrange the money.

Regards

Kachra

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hi,

I am curious to know under what category will i be put after i get my OINP nomination. My OINP application is under process and I am a CEC applicant which exempt me from settle funds. My question is after i get my nomination do i have show settle funds while applying for PR in EE? Will i still be considered as an CEC applicant or PNP applicant?

Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Kachra said:
Hi,

I am curious to know under what category will i be put after i get my OINP nomination. My OINP application is under process and I am a CEC applicant which exempt me from settle funds. My question is after i get my nomination do i have show settle funds while applying for PR in EE? Will i still be considered as an CEC applicant or PNP applicant?

Thanks
If you qualify for CEC as a PNP PR applicant, they will check for CEC qualifications first.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/pnp.asp

Evaluating PNP applicants on A11.2

It is possible that a candidate may appear to meet the program requirements of more than one federal immigration program. When this occurs, the processing office must only determine that the applicant meets one of the federal programs for which they have been tagged. Once the applicant is determined to have met one of the federal immigration programs there is no need for further assessment of the others.

Processing offices should assess PNP applicants for federal programs in the following order:

CEC
FSTP
FSWP

tr4

Jul 16, 2016
I have a doubt regarding EE and ON PNP
I am not sure how many years of experience I should put for foreign work experience (Or rather how much would it be calculated by IRCC) . Here is my history outside Canada (All with the same NOC A xxxx code, All full time )
Job 1 : July 11, 2012 till April 10, 2014 : 20 months 29 days
Job 2 : April 11, 2014 till March 13, 2015 : 11 months 2 days
Job 3 : April 13, 2015 till July 22, 2016: 15 months 9 days

My question is
1. Will all above experience be calculated for EE/ON PNP ? Or Job2 (because it is 11 months) wont be calculated for determining points/calculating experience ?

-
(I see I got 25 points in transferability skills but I am not sure if that's with or without Job 2)

- Without Job2, going by actual dates, I have 36 months and 8 days (3 years + ) , going by months it is 20+15 : 35 months

Any idea how should CIC calculates the duration ?

2. I have been sent an NOI by Ontario, but it mentions gaps not allowed. I am not sure if the gap between Job 2 and Job 3 is considered a gap. Can somebody help me on this ? Will my total experience for which I would be given points be Job1 + job2 + job3

Note: Your continuous full-time or part-time work experience may consist of multiple back-to-back jobs with the same or different employer(s) (with no gap in between) provided that at least one year of your work experience was in the same NOC occupation and you included this occupation as your primary NOC in your Express Entry profile.

tr4

Jul 16, 2016
I am not sure how many years of experience I should put for foreign work experience (Or rather how much would it be calculated by IRCC) . Here is my history outside Canada (All with the same NOC A xxxx code, All full time )

My question is
1. Will all above experience be calculated for EE/ON PNP ? Or Job2 (because it is 11 months) wont be calculated for determining points/calculating experience ?

-
(I see I got 25 points in transferability skills but I am not sure if that's with or without Job 2)

- Without Job2, going by actual dates, I have 36 months and 8 days (3 years + ) , going by months it is 20+15 : 35 months

2. I have been sent an NOI by Ontario, but it mentions gaps not allowed. I am not sure if the gap between Job 2 and Job 3 is considered a gap. Can somebody help me on this ? Will my total experience for which I would be given points be Job1 + job2 + job3

Note: Your continuous full-time or part-time work experience may consist of multiple back-to-back jobs with the same or different employer(s) (with no gap in between) provided that at least one year of your work experience was in the same NOC occupation and you included this occupation as your primary NOC in your Express Entry profile.

tr4

Jul 16, 2016

My question is

-

rajendram

Oct 7, 2019
Hi I got nominated for OINP tech draw. I have a question about resume. Can I copy paste job duties listed in reference letter in to the resume? Or should I add different.