+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Official" passport of spouse

Martian4205

Nov 4, 2009
Dear All

1. According to VO instructions about type of Passport:

"You must hold a valid regular passport; diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports are not valid for immigration to Canada."

2. I am Principal Applicant and I have ordinary regular passport while my wife is a public servant and she has official passport. My wife cannot have a regular passport while continuing her job.

I am about to apply for FSW application. I am short of 2 points if I exlude points from my spouse. Dear fellow, kindly advise me how the "official" passport of my wife can affect my application.

Regards

M

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
It is clearly stated that no visas will be issued for official passports. Instructions are clear, visas will not be stamped on official passports for immigration purposes. It is not about points, simply they do not accept official passports for immigration.

ei8ht

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15 Aug 2009
Are u sure that her's is an Official Passport? Many public servants hold the regular "ordinary" passports. It's only Ministers, Member of Parliaments, or some Foreign Secretary Positions which may hold official or diplomatic passports -- not everyone in the Govt. Service.

asd

Dec 19, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i would like to suggest that you launch your application with available passport,& at the time of visa stamping you woul get anew regular passport.the instructions apply for visa stamping not for applying .

Martian4205

Nov 4, 2009
Dear Fellows,

Thank you very much for your valuable input.

Presently, my wife and I are pursuing higher studies in Europe and we will finish our studies next year. My wife is a government emplyee and she already has official passport. In our country all government employees get only "official" passports while going abroad.

Since, this condition (type of passport) is only applicable at later stage (VO) therefore, I am going ahead with FSW application to Sydney, NS.

Best Regards

M