+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Official LMO processing times as of August 1

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK, I'm still waiting on an LMO here for a low-skilled hospitality job. How long are LMOs taking nowadays? I've been waiting for 6 weeks now and still nothing. How long do I have to go? This wait is really starting to get to me.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seriously, no answers after 2 days. Doesn't anybody have an idea of how long LMOs are taking right now if they were applied for in mid-June.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is that how long it's really taking? Does anybody have any official inside information as to how long service canada is really taking with these LMOs?

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've seen LMOs taking from 4 weeks to 14 weeks here in the forum messages.

I believe it varies according to the job and the company/employer.

There is no "inside information", there's only people like you and me posting here and sharing knowledge.

Ultimately all we can do is wait and be patient.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm actually getting quite impatient with this whole LMO business, but at least I have myself a job that offers one. It would still be nice if Service Canada could post actual processing times so that we can have an idea when we'd be getting our LMOs.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Come on, I need more answers. Some take between 4 and 14 weeks but I'd like to know how long they're taking right now at this moment. How long will it be before mid-June applications are approved?

Yagerr

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 20 2014
AOR Received.
April 9 2014
Med's Request
Oct. 4th 2014
Med's Done....
Oct. 9th 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 10th 2014
You should try let people know where you live and your skilled level, so people have similar situation could possibly share their experience with you. The time it takes to process LMo varies a lot from city to city.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called the Service Canada office yesterday. They said that it takes on average 7 weeks across the country and they couldn't quote me a maximum waiting time. According to them, seven weeks is the norm as long as your employer fills out the LMO application properly. Right now, I'm on my 7th week, so hopefully I get my LMO within the next 2 weeks. The sooner I get it, the better. I'm going to assume that my employer has filed for LMOs before in the past and should know how to fill out an LMO application properly.

I just hope that the new laws (fees and extra questions) don't apply to LMO requests that were submitted 7 weeks ago because I don't need any delays due to them sending new questions and asking for fees. I'll update this forum when I hear back from them, even on the not-so-off chance it gets rejected. I hope it gets approved and hope my work permit does too if I get my LMO. I'm so close to ripping all my hair out at this point.

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
stopDA said:
I just called the Service Canada office yesterday. They said that it takes on average 7 weeks across the country and they couldn't quote me a maximum waiting time. According to them, seven weeks is the norm as long as your employer fills out the LMO application properly. Right now, I'm on my 7th week, so hopefully I get my LMO within the next 2 weeks. The sooner I get it, the better. I'm going to assume that my employer has filed for LMOs before in the past and should know how to fill out an LMO application properly.

I just hope that the new laws (fees and extra questions) don't apply to LMO requests that were submitted 7 weeks ago because I don't need any delays due to them sending new questions and asking for fees. I'll update this forum when I hear back from them, even on the not-so-off chance it gets rejected. I hope it gets approved and hope my work permit does too if I get my LMO. I'm so close to ripping all my hair out at this point.

Hi there, any news on your LMO?

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
stopDA said:
OK, I'm still waiting on an LMO here for a low-skilled hospitality job. How long are LMOs taking nowadays? I've been waiting for 6 weeks now and still nothing. How long do I have to go? This wait is really starting to get to me.
Hi, I'm in the same situation as you. Are you waiting for normal LMO assessment or you're waiting HRSDC to put your info on the Open LMO? Cause Open LMO and 6 weeks is my case...

staff

Aug 22, 2013
Hi Kanth;

I received your response on my concerns, but i don't know how to reply you where the right site,
I am living right now in Doha Qatar, i have my agency here as well, i started my application June 15, an after 2months i received my job offer August 12.
and my agency told me LMO will be probably in 8weeks maximum.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Johnny123 and Maling, I still haven't received anything yet. I'm going to call again as soon as the weekend is over.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
stopDA said:
@ Johnny123 and Maling, I still haven't received anything yet. I'm going to call again as soon as the weekend is over.
stopDA, are you waiting for normal LMO assessment or they have to put your personal information on an Open LMO?

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@hohnny123, I'm still waiting on a normal LMO assessment. They haven't put my name on an LMO yet.