+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of Employment

sunny5192

Apr 6, 2023
Dear forum members,
I'm seeking advise on Offer of Employment requirement for the PR application.

I'm currently working at the company on closed work permit. I'm required to provide the 'offer of employment' on the IRCC portal. My dilemma here is, since I joined this company in Feb,2022 I already have an offer letter provided to me but that is more than 1 year old now. I don't have any new offer, its an on-going job, and offer letter dated January,2022 and doesn't have any end date as its a full time permanent job.

I can request for offer letter but what should I request my employer to state in the offer letter? Does my employer need to create a new offer letter dated this month and end date to be last day of my work permit?

Please help if anyone has been in similar situation. Thanks in advance.

from Canada.ca website I found that a valid job offer has to be:
  • made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a NOC TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3 job

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear forum members,
I'm seeking advise on Offer of Employment requirement for the PR application.

I'm currently working at the company on closed work permit. I'm required to provide the 'offer of employment' on the IRCC portal. My dilemma here is, since I joined this company in Feb,2022 I already have an offer letter provided to me but that is more than 1 year old now. I don't have any new offer, its an on-going job, and offer letter dated January,2022 and doesn't have any end date as its a full time permanent job.

I can request for offer letter but what should I request my employer to state in the offer letter? Does my employer need to create a new offer letter dated this month and end date to be last day of my work permit?

Please help if anyone has been in similar situation. Thanks in advance.

from Canada.ca website I found that a valid job offer has to be:
  • made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a NOC TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3 job
The offer letter must follow what the bullets state so you need a new job offer dated this month stating you will have guaranteed employment one year past receiving PR. It has nothing to do with the expiry of your work permit.

sunny5192

Apr 6, 2023
The offer letter must follow what the bullets state so you need a new job offer dated this month stating you will have guaranteed employment one year past receiving PR. It has nothing to do with the expiry of your work permit.
THank you very much for your valuable input. Just so I understand it right, I need to ask my employer to provide an offer letter dated this month and mention in the letter that this on-going current position is valid until certain date. There's no need of new start date in the offer letter right?