+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
When would you say is the best time to order notes then?
You can order anytime you want, costs $5 but pre-covid most people didn't do it unless their app appeared to be stalled after quite a while. During covid obviously we are all expecting longer processing times. In your case I don't see much reason to order now, your app has been moving recently, only thing you might discover is where your app has been sent to. Up to you though when you order them.

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
You can order anytime you want, costs $5 but pre-covid most people didn't do it unless their app appeared to be stalled after quite a while. During covid obviously we are all expecting longer processing times. In your case I don't see much reason to order now, your app has been moving recently, only thing you might discover is where your app has been sent to. Up to you though when you order them.
Ok, well thats good to know. Maybe I'll hold off then and maybe order them if they stall or at the end just to see what notes they put throughout the process :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ok, well thats good to know. Maybe I'll hold off then and maybe order them if they stall or at the end just to see what notes they put throughout the process :)
I think it's actually useful after the AOR etc and about the time transferred to visa office.

The first analysis - preliminary analysis - is done in Sydney and before the file transfer. That is a short piece of text but does give for example an indication of whether there is an interview recommended. (That might give applicant chance to respond to identified issues if any are obvious; no guarantees but better than nothing)

Also this is after data entry and would be opportunity for applicant/sponsor to identify if any manifest errors in the data entered.

In contrast: for those saying it doesn't make sense to order at this point, then when? Applicants have no idea when the next big analysis comes and when may be the optimal time.

Apart from filling out the form it does not take much time and costs $5.

Reactions: DiiDii

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
When would you say is the best time to order notes then?
3-4 months post AOR used to be the old rule of thumb folks used earlier when requesting the notes, these days due to delays all across add a couple of months more to get the most out of the notes.

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hey I live in Asia as well, there's an app called TextNow, you can get a free Canadian number and call them with it. As long as you've got good WiFi it's free too!
Thank you so much! I'll try calling tonight. It's not easy when both of you are in Asia. We're terrified if they return it, you know how Asian post office works. Lol

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Thank you so much! I'll try calling tonight. It's not easy when both of you are in Asia. We're terrified if they return it, you know how Asian post office works. Lol
Oh yeah, it can be a nightmare in some countries... I'm so scared of it getting returned as well... my sponsor is in Canada so if it gets returned it will probably go to him. I think the call centre opens at 8am EST? That's 8pm Singapore/KL time I believe.

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Oh yeah, it can be a nightmare in some countries... I'm so scared of it getting returned as well... my sponsor is in Canada so if it gets returned it will probably go to him. I think the call centre opens at 8am EST? That's 8pm Singapore/KL time I believe.
Both of us are living and working in Cambodia and the post office here is horrible unless you have a tracking number to give them. With IRCC, I believe they return the application with no warning or heads up so not sure how that'll work but hopefully, I'm just overthinking and we'll hear something from them soon.

Have you received your AOR yet?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Both of us are living and working in Cambodia and the post office here is horrible unless you have a tracking number to give them. With IRCC, I believe they return the application with no warning or heads up so not sure how that'll work but hopefully, I'm just overthinking and we'll hear something from them soon.
Too late in your case but for most applicants, esp where postal service may be unreliable, it really may be preferable to provide a mailing address in Canada (we use a friend for mailing purposes).

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Too late in your case but for most applicants, esp where postal service may be unreliable, it really may be preferable to provide a mailing address in Canada (we use a friend for mailing purposes).
It's too late now so we'll see how this goes. If it gets returned, we'll change the mailing address if possible.

Hopefully it doesn't get returned and I'm really just being pessimistic. Like always. :p

Reactions: armoured

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore

Have you received your AOR yet?
Nope, just a temporary number. Sigh. I think if you call them and they give you a temp number, you can change your address if it eases your worries!