AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
If he is out of status his OWP application will only start to be processed after he receives AIP. Don't bother call them for that, that is what they will tell you.
Does this still apply if he was granted status(restored) 2 months after PR+OWP receipt?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17

If the application has not yet received AIP mail it; above it states it will process in 4-5 months. I understand if he is out of status throughout the WHOLE PR process then they wont process OWP until the end. But what about in the case above? 4-5 month processing if not yet received AIP and in status?

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Does this still apply if he was granted status(restored) 2 months after PR+OWP receipt?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17

If the application has not yet received AIP mail it; above it states it will process in 4-5 months. I understand if he is out of status throughout the WHOLE PR process then they wont process OWP until the end. But what about in the case above? 4-5 month processing if not yet received AIP and in status?
If the statis is restored before AIP, they can issue the OWP. The only thing here is that I have seen people who had to deal with cic's agent's mistakes.
The better option is to wait for the restoration and then apply for the OWP to avoid their mistakes. Since you already sent the OWP app, in your place I would update them by webform sending the restoration approval as proof of status. Then I after a week or so I would call them to check if they are processing it and can give you the application number. Or do the inverse, call them first and if they are not processing it yet, send the webform.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
If the statis is restored before AIP, they can issue the OWP. The only thing here is that I have seen people who had to deal with cic's agent's mistakes.
The better option is to wait for the restoration and then apply for the OWP to avoid their mistakes. Since you already sent the OWP app, in your place I would update them by webform sending the restoration approval as proof of status. Then I after a week or so I would call them to check if they are processing it and can give you the application number. Or do the inverse, call them first and if they are not processing it yet, send the webform.
Okay! Phew! I will contact them tomorrow and see if I can get through. If I can't get through I will update through the webform. Thank you for the confirmation. I almost had a minor heart attack as I was trusting what I knew for so long.

Reactions: Betabr

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Would the agent be able to see if they looked at the OWP? I was able to link it when I got PR AOR. If they start processing after I update web form, does that mean 4-5 months from when I notify them? Or will they possibly review eligibility quickly since my PR was in late 2018?

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Would the agent be able to see if they looked at the OWP? I was able to link it when I got PR AOR. If they start processing after I update web form, does that mean 4-5 months from when I notify them? Or will they possibly review eligibility quickly since my PR was in late 2018?
If you were able to link your OWP application, you were able to see the file number, weren't you?

The agent will confirm if there is an owp app in process. If yes, they could give you a timeframe for a DM. If no, they are able to see the reason why it is not being processed yet.

sumanthyj

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
I have received a ghost update last Tuesday, I'm now worried. I have been following other people status who have received something after 4 days of ghost update
Oct 4 applicant
Oct 25 Aor
Jan 17 bgc started

Reactions: baimmeb

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
If you were able to link your OWP application, you were able to see the file number, weren't you?

The agent will confirm if there is an owp app in process. If yes, they could give you a timeframe for a DM. If no, they are able to see the reason why it is not being processed yet.
Yes I do have a file number. I was only wondering if the phone agent could see any notes the officer makes which it looks like they could.

I'll update you with what I find.

Reactions: Betabr

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019

I couldn't connect to an agent but used the phone system. It says "if your application was received after this date, it has not yet begun processing" but is this valid for PR attached applications? Can't be as people in january are getting OWPs.

Do you think I would not get an update "started reviewing eligibility" if they delayed viewing the application? I would assume they would "check eligibility" and THEN see if I have valid status. That's what eligibility is.

taj1234

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
I have received a ghost update last Tuesday, I'm now worried. I have been following other people status who have received something after 4 days of ghost update
Oct 4 applicant
Oct 25 Aor
Jan 17 bgc started

Are they processing your eligibility?

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
I couldn't connect to an agent but used the phone system. It says "if your application was received after this date, it has not yet begun processing" but is this valid for PR attached applications? Can't be as people in january are getting OWPs.

Do you think I would not get an update "started reviewing eligibility" if they delayed viewing the application? I would assume they would "check eligibility" and THEN see if I have valid status. That's what eligibility is.
You sent it in October along with your PR app, right?

But you were out of status. Right?

Now, you restored your status. Send them this update by webform. I guess the delay is due to the out of status situation.

They dont start processing the owp app if they check that one is not in status (even if they were sent together they are different applicantions) Eligibility is checked almost in the end of the process.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
You sent it in October along with your PR app, right?

But you were out of status. Right?

Now, you restored your status. Send them this update by webform. I guess the delay is due to the out of status situation.

They dont start processing the owp app if they check that one is not in status (even if they were sent together they are different applicantions) Eligibility is checked almost in the end of the process.
Correct and Correct. I sent them the update via webform.

I agree the delay would be to out of status situation. I am wondering if they will reset the 4 month clock when they get the web form or from when my status was restored. Or best case, they get the web form and someone can look at it sooner than later.

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Correct and Correct. I sent them the update via webform.

I agree the delay would be to out of status situation. I am wondering if they will reset the 4 month clock when they get the web form or from when my status was restored. Or best case, they get the web form and someone can look at it sooner than later.
The processing time will start counting from the day they open your application to process (not sure if they are updated automatically about your restoration of status or if only when they receive your webform). I guess that you will become PR before receiving DM. When did you have your status restored?

If you call their call center, cant you check your file by the automatic system, just like we can check the PR application status without talking to an agent?