+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Nov 16, 2018
So on the Facebook group, someone gave me these instructions and they worked!!
-select family name,given name & date of birth then write all in CAPSLOCK then put one space after the details
e.g BHEVERLY MAE(one space)
BANAAG(one space)
-select passport details .after typing the passport details put one space again e.g AB123456(one space)
-input the address u intended to live in canada
-number of family-sponsor + principal applicant + any dependent

The one space afterwards made the difference! I still inputted my uci and application # but added spaces afterwards and it linked
Thank you so much for posting this!
I was able to link both my PR and OWP applications to my CIC account.

However I still have not receive AOR :( I don't understand, it's been more than a month that we sent the applications (received via courier on October 15 with signature).

For those of you who received AOR, can you tell me how it looks on ECAS and myCIC?
On myCIC, both applications show "Submitted" in the "Current status" column. The "date submitted" is that of when I linked the applications to my CIC account. For the PR application, at "review of eligibility" it says "in progress".
Does it look any different when you receive AOR?

elcwhitney

Oct 25, 2018
Lethbridge, AB
App. Filed.......
15/10/2018
LANDED..........
01/08/2018
Thank you so much for posting this!
I was able to link both my PR and OWP applications to my CIC account.

However I still have not receive AOR :( I don't understand, it's been more than a month that we sent the applications (received via courier on October 15 with signature).

For those of you who received AOR, can you tell me how it looks on ECAS and myCIC?
On myCIC, both applications show "Submitted" in the "Current status" column. The "date submitted" is that of when I linked the applications to my CIC account. For the PR application, at "review of eligibility" it says "in progress".
Does it look any different when you receive AOR?
You’re welcome. I was having a hard time myself so glad that person helped me.

I’ve received AOR and my status on both sites say the same thing. In process and “submitted”

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
I just checked my account and noticed that while for my PR application it says it was received on Oct. 26, for my OWP application it says it was received on Oct. 19th (application wasn't even mailed yet). Has anyone else had something like this happen to them? I'm assuming it means nothing, but thought I'd ask.

Hang in there everyone. It seems like they're going through applications fairly quickly these days.

newfoundlove

Nov 20, 2018
Newfoundland/Germany
I just checked my account and noticed that while for my PR application it says it was received on Oct. 26, for my OWP application it says it was received on Oct. 19th (application wasn't even mailed yet). Has anyone else had something like this happen to them? I'm assuming it means nothing, but thought I'd ask.

Hang in there everyone. It seems like they're going through applications fairly quickly these days.
Same thing here!
PR and OWP were received on Oct 31st, but it says OWP was received on Oct 26th ‍♀

Reactions: Exploriel

Cali14214

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Burlington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-10--2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-11-2018

Yep ours has the same weird issue with the dates. Says OWP received before we mailed it too. Must be a glitch in their system.

Reactions: Exploriel

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Yep ours has the same weird issue with the dates. Says OWP received before we mailed it too. Must be a glitch in their system.
So weird, but as long as things are moving along, not a problem with me!

newfoundlove

Nov 20, 2018
Newfoundland/Germany
I have a question:

My current work permit (Working Holiday visa) is running out on Jan 3rd.
I have submitted my OWP application.

Am I allowed to continue working or do I have to stop on that date until I get the approval?

Nov 16, 2018
I have a question:

My current work permit (Working Holiday visa) is running out on Jan 3rd.
I have submitted my OWP application.

Am I allowed to continue working or do I have to stop on that date until I get the approval?
I am in a similar case and asked that to a legal advisor. She told me that if I don't receive the OWP before my WHV expires, I have to stop working. Implied status doesn't apply here because it's not the same type of OWP that you have and that you applied for.
Technically you should even leave when your WHV expires if you don't have another status approved before but in most similar cases people would stay in Canada while waiting for their application to be processed. I can't find the exact wording that she used so take the following with a pinch of salt but basically staying after your WHV is an offence but a way milder one than to keep on working without an active work permit. I've read stories, probably on this forum, of people that got their PR denied precisely because they kept on working without a permit while waiting for their PR decision.

newfoundlove

Nov 20, 2018
Newfoundland/Germany
I am in a similar case and asked that to a legal advisor. She told me that if I don't receive the OWP before my WHV expires, I have to stop working. Implied status doesn't apply here because it's not the same type of OWP that you have and that you applied for.
Technically you should even leave when your WHV expires if you don't have another status approved before but in most similar cases people would stay in Canada while waiting for their application to be processed. I can't find the exact wording that she used so take the following with a pinch of salt but basically staying after your WHV is an offence but a way milder one than to keep on working without an active work permit. I've read stories, probably on this forum, of people that got their PR denied precisely because they kept on working without a permit while waiting for their PR decision.
This is the first time I'm hearing that I'm not allowed to stay after WHV expires.

I will have to call Immigration because so far, I've only read that I'm NOT allowed to leave Canada once WHV expires. Now, I'm confused and worried.

Nov 16, 2018
This is the first time I'm hearing that I'm not allowed to stay after WHV expires.
I found this detailed article I read back then about that, that might help.

I will have to call Immigration because so far, I've only read that I'm NOT allowed to leave Canada once WHV expires. Now, I'm confused and worried.
What I've been told is that it's not that you are not allowed to leave Canada. Unless arrested or something, I doubt there are many cases where you are not allowed to leave a country... The thing is that you can leave but you cannot re-enter. There again, the real thing is that technically you could re-enter if the border officer let you in on a tourist status for example, which is unlikely when they see that you have a PR application on the go. And then the problem is that if you cannot be in Canada, then your inland application would be cancelled and you would have to start over with an outland application. This is why PR applicants are advised not to leave Canada while their application is processed, doesn't mean it's fully legit after your WHV expires.

If you call CIC, please come back for their answer because now you're having me doubt.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
So weird, but as long as things are moving along, not a problem with me!
It's normal - it happens with every OWP application. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Jazzercise

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018

What I've been told is that it's not that you are not allowed to leave Canada. Unless arrested or something, I doubt there are many cases where you are not allowed to leave a country... The thing is that you can leave but you cannot re-enter. There again, the real thing is that technically you could re-enter if the border officer let you in on a tourist status for example, which is unlikely when they see that you have a PR application on the go. And then the problem is that if you cannot be in Canada, then your inland application would be cancelled and you would have to start over with an outland application. This is why PR applicants are advised not to leave Canada while their application is processed, doesn't mean it's fully legit after your WHV expires.

If you call CIC, please come back for their answer because now you're having me doubt.
It's not unlikely to be let in. On the contrary, it's quite unlikely to be refused entry. But, in the rare circumstance that it might happen, the application will then be cancelled. This is why people are advised against travelling - because you simply never know and it's not worth it to risk anything in most cases.

If one must leave (things sometimes just happen, such as family emergencies and whatnot), you should definitely not travel outside of Canada for a long time. As a condition of inland applications is for the applicant to actually be in Canada, anything above a couple of weeks is pushing it.

Iglet

May 23, 2017
Inland October 2018
My timeline:
Application sent: October 2
Received by CIC: October 3
AOR received: November 3
OWP: Pending... :rolleyes:

newfoundlove

Nov 20, 2018
Newfoundland/Germany

I just spoke to CIC and I'm allowed to stay AND work in Canada after my current status runs out as I'll have the implied status.
Technically, you can leave the country (family emergency or whatnot) but they wouldn't recommend it as you'll lose that implied status and can only come in as a visitor.

Also, no need to apply to extend the stay as a visitor on top of extending the stay as a worker.
If you've received AOR, you should be good and nothing is missing on your application.