Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
If you applied before December 7, 2016
We’ve committed to processing most (80 percent) of the applications we’ve already received as of December 7, 2016, by the end of December 2017. We process applications in the order we get them.

If you haven’t applied yet or applied after December 7, 2016
We will aim to process most (80 percent) of the new applications submitted on or after December 7, 2016, within 12 months of the date of receipt.

To help us process your application as quickly as possible,

make sure your file is up to date;
link your application to your online account to receive messages and requests from us.

i am october applicant are we affected to this that we have to wait 12mos because of the changes

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
rlcdeleña said:
How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
If you applied before December 7, 2016
We’ve committed to processing most (80 percent) of the applications we’ve already received as of December 7, 2016, by the end of December 2017. We process applications in the order we get them.

If you haven’t applied yet or applied after December 7, 2016
We will aim to process most (80 percent) of the new applications submitted on or after December 7, 2016, within 12 months of the date of receipt.

To help us process your application as quickly as possible,

make sure your file is up to date;
link your application to your online account to receive messages and requests from us.

i am October applicant are we affected to this that we have to wait 12mos because of the changes
So, it doesnt matter anymore which country your spouse is from or their processing time...everyone's application will take approximately 12 months??

just trying to understand...

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
0CT. 05 SENT-0CT. 11 RECEIVED.
Doc's Request.
FEBRUARY 02 2017 Sent. Feb. 05 2017
AOR Received.
Nov. 02 2016 Processed Nov. 1
File Transfer...
AOR2 -Nov.13 .. Nov. 14-STARTED PROCESSING-Manila
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
MonzB said:
So, it doesnt matter anymore which country your spouse is from or their processing time...everyone's application will take approximately 12 months??

just trying to understand...
thats what i have when i looked it up on the Philippines how long is the process...so i guess we have to wait 12mos so sad we are affected...But i am hoping not...

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
rlcdeleña said:
thats what i have when i looked it up on the Philippines how long is the process...so i guess we have to wait 12mos so sad we are affected...But i am hoping not...
ok ok...let's hope it's not the full 12 months...mine shows 10 months still

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
MonzB said:
ok ok...let's hope it's not the full 12 months...mine shows 10 months still
but what i have read is that Applicants who already filed an application will not have to wait an additional 12 months to have them finalized. IRCC will continue to process applications in the order they have been received. Most families who have been waiting should have a decision on their sponsorship application no later than the end of December 2017.

These new changes are expected to benefit more than 64 000 applicants by the end of 2017, and are the latest measures to bring families together.

were hoping were bot gonna wait 12months and continue our application process.

hniazi86

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
Interview........
waived Ecas Decision Made 01-19-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
rlcdeleña said:
but what i have read is that Applicants who already filed an application will not have to wait an additional 12 months to have them finalized. IRCC will continue to process applications in the order they have been received. Most families who have been waiting should have a decision on their sponsorship application no later than the end of December 2017.

These new changes are expected to benefit more than 64 000 applicants by the end of 2017, and are the latest measures to bring families together.

were hoping were bot gonna wait 12months and continue our application process.
You are affected but in a good way. They have invested $25 million dollar to process the application in the backlog. It is assuring all the application that has been received before December.07/2016, will have their application processed before end of Dec.2017. This doesn't mean that you have to wait for 12 months, it means the processing time will be less and for those who have been waiting for a longer time (since 2014) they will have an answer. The way I have been looking at other months applicants, for August for example, Some have already got an answer and their spouse are already in Canada.

I am hoping that this will make the process faster and we will be reunited with our spouses soon.

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
hniazi86 said:
You are affected but in a good way. They have invested $25 million dollar to process the application in the backlog. It is assuring all the application that has been received before December.07/2016, will have their application processed before end of Dec.2017. This doesn't mean that you have to wait for 12 months, it means the processing time will be less and for those who have been waiting for a longer time (since 2014) they will have an answer. The way I have been looking at other months applicants, for August for example, Some have already got an answer and their spouse are already in Canada.

I am hoping that this will make the process faster and we will be reunited with our spouses soon.

Thank you for your reply...Do you mean the applicant will submit december will have to wait Dec.2017 but for us who already in process will no longer wait for 12months ..I know most of the Aug. applicant have the PPR already and already in here Canada.....

Yes, i am hoping we will get the PPr soon... what is update on yours?

hniazi86

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
Interview........
waived Ecas Decision Made 01-19-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
rlcdeleña said:
Thank you for your reply...Do you mean the applicant will submit december will have to wait Dec.2017 but for us who already in process will no longer wait for 12months ..I know most of the Aug. applicant have the PPR already and already in here Canada.....

Yes, i am hoping we will get the PPr soon... what is update on yours?
No, Nobody will necessary have to wait till Dec.2017. If their file is complete and straight forward, they will be processed faster but everyone will have an answer latest by Dec.2017.

My wife's application is in process in Ankara. The medical has passed and that is all I know. Haven't heard anything else but by the looks of it they are processing applications very fast. I have heard that MyCIC account or Ecas are not very reliable. They depend on the person processing your application. If they upload their work it will show up on those sites and if they don't it won't. I heard of someone that their application on MyCIC didn't change and all of a sudden the final decision changed to Decision Made. So if you are not seeing anything on your MyCIC account it doesn't necessary mean that they are not working on your file. Hope we all get an answer soon.

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
hniazi86 said:
No, Nobody will necessary have to wait till Dec.2017. If their file is complete and straight forward, they will be processed faster but everyone will have an answer latest by Dec.2017.

My wife's application is in process in Ankara. The medical has passed and that is all I know. Haven't heard anything else but by the looks of it they are processing applications very fast. I have heard that MyCIC account or Ecas are not very reliable. They depend on the person processing your application. If they upload their work it will show up on those sites and if they don't it won't. I heard of someone that their application on MyCIC didn't change and all of a sudden the final decision changed to Decision Made. So if you are not seeing anything on your MyCIC account it doesn't necessary mean that they are not working on your file. Hope we all get an answer soon.

I really appreciate your response..Okay understood.

Yes i am not getting new update on the application. And my ECAS SA side is only 1line i am seeing, some of the information were deleted. The only i can see on my CIC is the medical passed nothing update... Hoping beginning of 2017 we hear good news or even this month... Who know we get PpR soon hehe(dreamin)

Naghmeh1986

Dec 7, 2016
Hi all,
My spousal sponsorship application was sent on 17 oct, 2016 and they have recived it on 18. The medical was passed on 3 nov by what is shown on cic account by the update. They send an email on 4 nov to tell me that my application was recieved on 18 oct and they have started processing on 4 nov. After that noting happens at all just removing the time they started
Does anything seem starange? Why I hav not recived any email for sa??

MrLucky

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
09-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
07-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
Have you received any email? Did you check your junk/spam folder?

We have to think positive. The little progress on updates on Ecas/MyCIC I figure is theyre busy working on the apps not updating the sites. At least thats what Im hoping.

Naghmeh1986

Dec 7, 2016
MrLucky said:
Have you received any email? Did you check your junk/spam folder?

We have to think positive. The little progress on updates on Ecas/MyCIC I figure is theyre busy working on the apps not updating the sites. At least thats what Im hoping.
yes, I checked my spam trash and inbox. the previous email I mean the aor1 was sent to my husband ( sponsored person) with my name and I doublechecked that we completed the forms correctly and we gave the correct email to them.
I can't help thinking and feeling nervous because of what I can see that applications which were sent on nov are now in the next step.
Should I contact them or looking for a legal service to help me or not? :(

MrLucky

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
09-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
07-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
Yes I would call the CIC call centre.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Does anyone see "Decision Made" on their Application Status
CIC website shows:
Sponsorship and Eligibility Status Determined
We have made a decision on your sponsorship application. We will inform you in writing of the decision.

Application Forwarded to Visa Office
We have forwarded your application to the Visa Office for final processing. Quebec residents please see the relevant diagram.

Sponsor Advised of Decision Made
We will inform you in writing of the decision made on your sponsorship application. We will send you a Permanent Resident Kit that you will need to forward to the family class relative you are sponsoring.

I received a letter stating that I am eligible and the Application was mailed to the VO...But mine still shows in process...am I reading this wrong?