21/02/2013
AOR Received.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
10/04/2013
Passport Req..
05/05/2013
Hi Guys,

Finally good news got email invite to write test on 25th April 2018 at Calgary. :) long wait but finally got it.

Reactions: Juiceycow

papu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/02/2013
AOR Received.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
10/04/2013
Passport Req..
05/05/2013

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I think it takes 3-4 days at least to get the oath email. But worst case if you did not receive it, you can still attend the ceremony without the letter. Below are the contents that you need for the ceremony.

Required documents for the citizenship ceremony

Congratulations on reaching the final step to becoming a Canadian citizen!

When you attend the citizenship ceremony, here is the list of documents to bring with you:

• (If available) The Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship letter,
  • Two pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it (e.g. driver’s license, health card, passport, etc.),
  • All your original documents that support your citizenship application (e.g., Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), birth certificate, etc.),
  • Your Permanent Resident card, if you have one,
  • All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired), and
  • (Optional) A holy book of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear on for the Oath of Citizenship.
We strongly encourage you to bring all the required documents with you to avoid being rescheduled.
I got Oath invite by snail mail today (family of five).

Reactions: saskatoonguy

saskatoonguy

Nov 9, 2017
It probably makes sense to take IDs in addition to immigration documents (such as driving license + health card) but why Birth Certificate and Passports both expired/current?

The below link says only bring:

- Oath Invite
- Original COPR
- Original PR Card
- Optional: Holy book (of your choice)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html
I think it's just the docs that people took with them for the citizenship test. In case if they had a last minute concern and had to verify. All docs might not apply as a birth certificate wouldn't apply for everyone. It might be for kids who had Canadian parents and applying for citizenship or something that sort. That's a general email that IRCC sends to people.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
I am so sad. I called the call centre and the agent put me on a brief hold. Came back and said file is under process and they have 12 months from my application date to make a decision. I asked her that my online status says “Decision Made” and she said yes. I am confused. Online says DM but the agent is saying in process. I am going crazy beyond words. :(

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I am so sad. I called the call centre and the agent put me on a brief hold. Came back and said file is under process and they have 12 months from my application date to make a decision. I asked her that my online status says “Decision Made” and she said yes. I am confused. Online says DM but the agent is saying in process. I am going crazy beyond words. :(
I wouldn't worry about what they agent said. Most of them give generic answers as they're instructed. If you are in DM, you should be within 4 months of getting your oath invitation, depending on your processing centre (even sooner). Be encouraged, you're almost there.

Reactions: Angy* and vasvas

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Well this just proves that call center agents don't really know anything. It's best not to call them and let the process take it's course. We'll all be citizens sooner or later.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
I wouldn't worry about what they agent said. Most of them give generic answers as they're instructed. If you are in DM, you should be within 4 months of getting your oath invitation, depending on your processing centre (even sooner). Be encouraged, you're almost there.
Thanks Joshua. I know I have nothing to worry about regarding checks. The CO at the interview said “congrats, your file is complete. Wait for oath in 2-3 months time”. Changed to DM 3 days after test (March 15). Pretty much ALL of the people from Saskatoon who had decision made on that day have been scheduled for oath for April 5th. They received email and ecas update few days ago and nothing for me. It’s really making me feel anxious. That’s all. It’s just a battle of heart and mind.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Well this just proves that call center agents don't really know anything. It's best not to call them and let the process take it's course. We'll all be citizens sooner or later.
That’s what I feel too. But calling to get some hope resulted in losing very little hope I had too. This was my first ever call to CIC and probably my last. It’s best not to compare with other applicant as you may say but it’s hard and heartbreaking to be left out like this. I understand the 12 month processing time and do accept it but it’s hard to put the “being patient” part into action in reality. Sorry for the rant. :(

Last edited: