+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Kman318

Mar 8, 2023
Anyone from Vancouver who already got their OCI?
I applied from Surrey BLS on July 4th
Acknowledgement on July 11
Under Process after that nothing. I am travelling on October 14..worried

canuck_john

Aug 8, 2024
Hi All,

A few questions,
  1. During the online OCI application process , I am required to provide some proof of employment. I work on contract as a software developer/architect with my own company.So,will the articles of incorporation of my company with my details be sufficient? Or do I need something more?
  2. The online guide, asks for Proof of Address in Canada which isn't an option for file upload on the document upload section. Any idea what I need to do here?
  3. Finally, fees for the application - I have my File number, Can I just send in the fees and quote this number as the reference?

Thanks everyone.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hi All,

A few questions,
  1. During the online OCI application process , I am required to provide some proof of employment. I work on contract as a software developer/architect with my own company.So,will the articles of incorporation of my company with my details be sufficient? Or do I need something more?
  2. The online guide, asks for Proof of Address in Canada which isn't an option for file upload on the document upload section. Any idea what I need to do here?
  3. Finally, fees for the application - I have my File number, Can I just send in the fees and quote this number as the reference?

Thanks everyone.
All info available here for #2 and #3 - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/oci-services.php

Reactions: canuck_john

Canada_ka_bulawa

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi All,

A few questions,

Thanks everyone.
Hi my wife was in same situation. She has her own numbered company and works as a freelancer in 3-4 different companies and is paid by the hour or project. She just submitted her company's articles of incorporation and a typed letter on A4 blank paper on the type pf work she does and her current engagements - all the CGI cares about is if you are a govt of Canada employee then you go through additional scrutiny for obvious reasons. If you work for private companies there should be nothing to worry about as in my wife's case she mostly works for software and telecom that too in no position of influence. If you work for the Government you need to state that very clearly and the CGI will do their additional due dilligence in your case. This is as per the BLS officer who took her forms.

Reactions: canuck_john

vigneshwaran

Apr 12, 2013
Hi, I am filling OCI for a minor and in our case since both parents are currently Canadians, I have to mention Grand Father for the questions Relation With the Root Indian.
Next in Name of Root Indian, is it only first name or first name last name. Can someone pls confirm. thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi, I am filling OCI for a minor and in our case since both parents are currently Canadians, I have to mention Grand Father for the questions Relation With the Root Indian.
Next in Name of Root Indian, is it only first name or first name last name. Can someone pls confirm. thanks
In your case minor will get OCI based on parent. No need to go for Grandfather.

Shubh1997

Aug 4, 2018
Anyone from Vancouver who already got their OCI?
I applied from Surrey BLS on July 4th
Acknowledgement on July 11
Under Process after that nothing. I am travelling on October 14..worried
Mine is Date of apply : 11 june
Date of acknowledgment: 15 june
Vancouver walkin
Still showing under process

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Date Of Acknowledgment08-JUL-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO