+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi guys,

Fresh OCI application.

Q1 -
I have a digital copy of a photograph but I do not have a physical copies. I was planning to use BLS service for photograph.
Do I still upload a photo and a signature in OCI application? If I upload a photo and a sign, they would be printed on the application form in the end. Will BLS ask for the same photo that I uploaded during the application or they will accept a new/different photo taken at BLS Center?

Q2 -

What do I put in occupation? I'm an Engineer which is not listed, so do I put Professional or Private Service? Also, do I need to put Company name in the form?

Q3 -
My DL has address written as "## XXXX XXXX Rd, UN####, City, ON" Do I make Rd, UN, and ON full? like Road, Unit, and Ontario? Or write as is on DL? Do they pick on this?

Q4 -
Demand Draft,

BLS Website says make DD in favor of "The Consulate General of India - Toronto"
Consulate General of India Website says make DD in favor of "Consulate General of India, Toronto"

Which one should be written on the DD? I know they don't want any error, but in which one?

Please let me know ASAP. Appreciate your input in advance.

Thanks!
Occupation - Private Service
Address Proof - Just mention the exact words mentioned in the DL
Draft - either one is fine I know website says a slightly different format. I went with Consulate General of India, Toronto

Reactions: cecict

noqluu

Oct 17, 2023
Occupation - Private Service
Address Proof - Just mention the exact words mentioned in the DL
Draft - either one is fine I know website says a slightly different format. I went with Consulate General of India, Toronto
Thank you for your response. anything to say about Q1?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi guys.. quick question. I am trying to book an appointment for my child's OCI and the pop up on the appointment booking page says "For application of Minor applicants Both Parents need to accompany.". Can someone confirm if both parents and the child has to go to bls Brampton to apply for their child's OCI recently? Or can it be both parents without the child? Or just the one parent (me)? My baby is a month old and it will be highly inconvenient to take the mother and/or child to BLS.
Better to follow the guidelines as mentioned.
Scenario where it will be useful is photograph with likely BLS asking you to redo the photo at BLS so having your baby there will be useful.
So if you decide to bring your baby along then your wife should come along

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you for your response. anything to say about Q1?
So get a photo clicked lets say at Walmart and upload the digital copy on the online portal and bring the photo along to BLS (do not paste). BLS will likely ask you to redo the photo at BLS (saying shoulder are not visible blah blah)
So once you get the BLS photo take a photo of it from your phone and submit the printed photo to BLS for the application . Open the OCI website and go to OCI Image Upload/ Re-upload tab and re upload the photo(after you submit the application to BLS)

• Wow
Reactions: adstarscream732

Ckay128

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hey just, just to confirm.
I’m getting a draft from the bank for $376, issued to “Consulate General of India - Toronto”.
Rest of the bls amount I’m planning to pay by debit.
My appointment is at BLS Brampton this week.
Could anyone confirm if I’m not missing anything in regards to payment.
Thanks

Reactions: cecict

mj9

Jun 15, 2018
OCI WALK-IN: MARCH 29, 2024 (BRAMPTON, ON)
DOA: APRIL 11, 2024
PRINTED/PROCESSED: MAY 3, 2024
DISPATCHED FROM DELHI: MAY 6, 2024

No update after that. Has anyone with similar timeline received any update?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey just, just to confirm.
I’m getting a draft from the bank for $376, issued to “Consulate General of India - Toronto”.
Rest of the bls amount I’m planning to pay by debit.
My appointment is at BLS Brampton this week.
Could anyone confirm if I’m not missing anything in regards to payment.
Thanks
Your are not missing anything.

Reactions: Ckay128

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Please double, triple check the application you have created on the OCI website and use this sample form as a example to update the application https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
e.g. common pitfalls
- Marriage Date - Should it be the actual wedding date or the date of the registration of the marriage ? I would suggest you to mention "date of the registration of the marriage"
- Place of Birth - As per Canadian Passport. If it is Delhi then you should mention Delhi, if it is New Delhi you should mention New Delhi

Docs for Adults: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10335797
Docs for Kids: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10374728

When you submit the application to BLS along with the above (for kids), you need to include the NOC which has to be signed by both parent and there photographs have to be attached. If you are submitting it to BLS in person carry all the originals...

You have to carry all originals along with the self attested copies of the documents you have to submit to BLS.
Payment for OCI has to be done in 2 ways
- Demand Draft/Money Order in the name of - Consulate General of India, Toronto for $376
- Payment to BLS can be made using debit card or exact change
Needed this now that I will start OCI application process. I am thinking just to pay $100 each and take PL appt.

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi all, can someone please clarify what services are provided under the "Premium Lounge" appointments?
I understand that charges for any form corrections will be covered but are courier fees and photo charges also included?

Tarakeshwar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-12-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
OCI WALK-IN: MARCH 29, 2024 (BRAMPTON, ON)
DOA: APRIL 11, 2024
PRINTED/PROCESSED: MAY 3, 2024
DISPATCHED FROM DELHI: MAY 6, 2024

No update after that. Has anyone with similar timeline received any update?
11 days for me to receive at BLS. and 2 days for BLS to uncover it and 1 more day to send it.. expect it by 20th.