+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Sk5142

Oct 11, 2023
Can someone please send the link to check OCI status for ack , also just to confirm we have to enter cdn passport number and the reference number which was on the receipt?

SOORAJ

Jul 18, 2014
Hi All,

I submitted my minor daughter's OCI application in Vancouver via Purolator. But now I found that in online form part B, only I signed but not my wife, is it a problem? We included a parent consent form in her application, in which we both signed and pasted our photos( normally Vancouver doesn't need a consent form)

If it is mandatory to sign both parents, are they going to send me back my application? could you guys please advise me on what I should do next?

thank you in advance

RupalK

Sep 21, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Wanted to know the timelines for OCI application for infants?
Is it little faster compared to adults?
Anyone here submitted OCI application for infant in September got the OCI card?

I have submitted my OCI application to brampton on 28th sep through post.
I had submitted for infant at BLS Brampton and I think it’s the same time as adults.
Ack: Sep 18
Processed: Oct 10

anujm2000

Jan 15, 2017
For folks who recently submitted OCI applications at BLS Toronto through Walk-in, can you advise how long were the lineups ?
Is it advisable to use the courier pickup and dropoff service or try walk-in?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
For folks who recently submitted OCI applications at BLS Toronto through Walk-in, can you advise how long were the lineups ?
Better to get the courier done man in this weather waiting in queue for I don’t know how many hours is worth that effort

Reactions: anujm2000

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All,

I submitted my minor daughter's OCI application in Vancouver via Purolator. But now I found that in online form part B, only I signed but not my wife, is it a problem? We included a parent consent form in her application, in which we both signed and pasted our photos( normally Vancouver doesn't need a consent form)

If it is mandatory to sign both parents, are they going to send me back my application? could you guys please advise me on what I should do next?

thank you in advance
I think on the application form Declaration under Part B only one parent can sign off

Reactions: SOORAJ

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
When I arrived there on a weekday at 10am, about 15 people were waiting outside, and got a token and admitted in about an hour. But the process took the whole day as there were a lot of applicants waiting inside. I was out of there only at 4:30 pm! The security guard said there were about 40 people lining up when they opened and all were let in.

I also heard from others that some days there are long lineups and people are turned back after waiting for hours even if they arrive before the opening time (8am?). That's not the kind of atmosphere I saw. I guess it depends on the day, number of appointments booked, and how many fail to show up etc.

If you have time, give walk-in a try as you could get a head-start of up to a week over postal applications. If you do not have immediate travel plans, postal route is less painful. Provided you are diligent with filling the application, uploading and including all required documents etc..

Reactions: anujm2000