+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI - Marriage Registration Date Question

Neelteal

Jan 22, 2022
Hello Experts,

I am filling my OCI Application Form online, and there is a mandatory question which is "Marriage Registration Date"

My question:

Do I put the date on which I got married (Mar 1, 2002) or do I put the date which I got my Marriage Registration Certificate (April 15, 2022) from my local municipality in India.

I look forward to your guidance.

Thank you.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hello Experts,

I am filling my OCI Application Form online, and there is a mandatory question which is "Marriage Registration Date"

My question:

Do I put the date on which I got married (Mar 1, 2002) or do I put the date which I got my Marriage Registration Certificate (April 15, 2022) from my local municipality in India.

Thank you.
hi, what date did you put eventually?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello Experts,

My question:

Thank you.
Enter got married date...

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

greeningbloc

Feb 8, 2023
Hi All - I am in the same boat, I am more leaning towards using got married date as certificate says "applied for registration on" and not actual registration date. That makes me think, got married date is a logical choice. Can few of you weigh in ?

sonuabbasali

Feb 25, 2018
I just spoke to BLS call center and they advised to put the marriage registration date (not the actual marriage date).... how did it go to the previous applicants. Please advice , I am filling up my OCI application.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I just spoke to BLS call center and they advised to put the marriage registration date (not the actual marriage date).... how did it go to the previous applicants. Please advice , I am filling up my OCI application.
That's what worked for me. But it's your luck as BLS agent can go either way.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Best is to keep 2 versions of applications..
One with marriage date and other with registration date ;)

I had applied in Dec 2022 with actual marriage date and it worked, but others have reported that when they used the registration date it worked for them... So go with both version of the applications