Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Hello everyone !!!

Congratulation's to all of you who recently became a Canadian Citizen's , & i wish you all the very best of luck.

One important piece of advice for all new Citizen's , I know for sure that the first thing to come on mind or on the ( to Do list ) for everyone who recently became a Canadian Citizen is to apply for the Canadian passport which is important for sure :)

But more important is MAKE SURE and Check whether you are registered on the National Register of Electors or Not by entering your personal information on the online form in the link provided below

As a registered elector, you will receive a Voter Information Card during the next election period to inform you where to vote and you will automatically be included on the lists of electors.

Please see ....
https://ereg.elections.ca/CWelcome.aspx

Please Note...... if you are Not registered , you can register Online or by Calling 1-800-463-6868

Good luck to everyone!!!

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
Hello everyone !!!

Congratulation's to all of you who recently became a Canadian Citizen's , & i wish you all the very best of luck.

One important piece of advice for all new Citizen's , I know for sure that the first thing to come on mind or on the ( to Do list ) for everyone who recently became a Canadian Citizen is to apply for the Canadian passport which is important for sure :)

But more important is MAKE SURE and Check whether you are registered on the National Register of Electors or Not by entering your personal information on the online form in the link provided below

As a registered elector, you will receive a Voter Information Card during the next election period to inform you where to vote and you will automatically be included on the lists of electors.

Please see ....
https://ereg.elections.ca/CWelcome.aspx

It is really use full and important......

Please Note...... if you are Not registered , you can register Online or by Calling 1-800-463-6868

Good luck to everyone!!!

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
Hi Everyone..
Happy new year :)
Just a small update..
So after I pushed my husband to break his silence and call CIC for an update..
He called them on Jan 5th
We received a letter dated on Jan 6th that his oath is scheduled on Jan 20th ;D

Am so much relieved :)

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rosalia said:
Hi Everyone..
Just a small update..

Congratulations!!!!!!!

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Rosalia said:
Hi Everyone..
Just a small update..

Congratulations!! BTW, when he called on the 5th did they tell him over the phone that he is scheduled for oath?

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
Thanks...
Actually, the agent over the phone said nothing positive nor negative about his file.
She even told him, you have to wait till the 28th of february, if you got nothing, call us back by then!!
then the letter showed up in the mail with the dates I mentioned!

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Rosalia said:
Thanks...
Actually, the agent over the phone said nothing positive nor negative about his file.
She even told him, you have to wait till the 28th of february, if you got nothing, call us back by then!!
then the letter showed up in the mail with the dates I mentioned!
Thank you and many CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope I am next soon. I can't wait I want this to get over with.

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
Thanks all..
He took the test on July 24th and they sent him a document to translate all the stamps in his passport since he should have done it at the exam day :)
so i believe that got him some delay.
And absolutely that there is no way it was just a chance that the date of the oath letter is January 6th when he called for the first time on Jan 5th!

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any December 2014 or January 2015 test takers received their oath invitations ??

zsha

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
Hi,

I was advised that i should be receiving my oath letter within 2-5 mths as its hard for the judge to come down to ottawa.

They have around 9 ceremonies next week. Any January test takers got invitation for next week- that MAY mean that the backlog is not tht bad.

I understand that they send the invitations in batch. I am going with the extreme indication (5 months) of waiting lol

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zsha said:
Hi,

I was advised that i should be receiving my oath letter within 2-5 mths as its hard for the judge to come down to ottawa.

They have around 9 ceremonies next week. Any January test takers got invitation for next week- that MAY mean that the backlog is not tht bad.

I understand that they send the invitations in batch. I am going with the extreme indication (5 months) of waiting lol
I did my test and interview by February 23rd with my wife .. the lady told me I should get it 1 to 3 months .. its weired they told you 2 to 5 months, I think they do it in batch as you said :)

suze_h

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I took my test on Feb 26th and they told me 1-2 months. I will be surprised (and very pleased!) if it's that quick :)

zsha

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
suze_h said:
I took my test on Feb 26th and they told me 1-2 months. I will be surprised (and very pleased!) if it's that quick :)
It will be a pleasant surprise indeed if they are giving oath invitation within 1-2 mths.. I guess they gave me the worst scenario.
Ceremonies are being held from 09th march-11th march- it must be a huge backlog that some nov test takers are still waiting for invitation.
The room is pretty huge where we had the test- they should invite more ppl and no backlog..... ;)

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did anybody have his oath before the time frame, they mentioned in the interview?