Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Canadiandesi2006 said:
ATIP report is information / update you can obtain about your case under consideration with the concerned government departments.

In this case, you can request information about your Citizenship application pending with the CIC Department. Its online form, where you can fill in your details either under Privacy Act which is free or other type for which you have to pay $5.

Once you fill in your complete details along with your file number and submit the form. It takes exactly 30 days to get you report (File attached) that give you an update about your pending case.

Here is the URL which help you navigate through the form and submit your detail.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do

Hope the above helps you and if you still need some assistance, please send me private message with your name and contact number, I will try to call and guide you.
tank you

meowmm

Sep 8, 2014
bravepeople said:
Hello Friends,

I also received the pink letter :) my oathing will be on 5th November. My ATIP shows that file is granted late June 2014. My time line is in the excel sheet.

Thank you all and I wish you the best.
Congrats to you... finally end the long journey.

Would u mind to let us know the first 2 digits of your file number. The file number shown in the ATP report is a 6-digit number. People tell me the CIC office process the application in the order of the file number. Thanks.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi brave...

Can you please inform us your first two digit file number or send me private msg..

as I am also in que since last 34 months.

Ethio

Oct 30, 2014
janoo said:
Hi brave...

Can you please inform us your first two digit file number or send me private msg..

as I am also in que since last 34 months.
Do you think the Que is based on file number?

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
meowmm said:
Congrats to you... finally end the long journey.

Would u mind to let us know the first 2 digits of your file number. The file number shown in the ATP report is a 6-digit number. People tell me the CIC office process the application in the order of the file number. Thanks.
What people told you about the order of processing is partially true. Primary assessment is done based on the order of application. Once the assessment is completed, order of processing changes, based on the information we provide. I know someone who applied after I had taken the test on March. He is taking oath very soon, but I am not. Application order signified nothing.

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravepeople said:
Hello Friends,

I also received the pink letter :) my oathing will be on 5th November. My ATIP shows that file is granted late June 2014. My time line is in the excel sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwv2JB05vdtdGQ1eWZHenJncjE5dnZHak1MRVkxd2c&usp=drive_web#gid=2

Thank you all and I wish you the best.

Many congratulations bravepeople !

comestai

Mar 6, 2014
Looks like legends of the forum are leaving with good news around them. Congratulations to all who are soon to be Canadians.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Recommendation for those who FAIL the test: Do NOT leave the center until they show you which questions you failed. They tried this twice on quiet few people and those who accepted to have failed did indeed fail. Those who waited to see their results were told there was a system glitch and they passed. This has happened in both downtown and in Scarborough office.

SuperDude

Jan 29, 2013
guys, after more than three years of frustrating wait, I became a proud Canadian Citizen last Saturday. Looking back, my case is probably a bit "more interesting" than others. Not that my case is complicated in its basics but some other factors came into play. HERE ARE SOME TIPS AND EXPERIENCES I THINK THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO SOME FOLKS HERE.
1. I got RQed almost a year after initial submission. To this date, I still don't know why, the most likely reason for it is that I made several day shopping trip to the states but who knows...we should all stop wasting time on pondering why we've got RQed but focus more on gathering as much info as possible to support your residency.
2. i was 2 days short of the 1095 requirement. I did not realize that until I started doing my RQ...looks like RQ did serve its purpose in my case. It was caused by time difference during some of my long distance travels to Asia. I forgot to take them into account. Because I used foreign entry stamps to count my days , while in fact, I left Canada a day before that due to time difference. I am not sure if CIC is that strict but I do not want to take the chance. I wrote a letter explaining to CIC that it was a honest mistake, and they acknowledged that. I could see an entry in my ATIP report regarding that disclosure. so, being short is not a huge issue as long as it is not meant to mislead or hide something, but I highly recommend leaving a buffer zone after the 1095 days before you apply, just in case.
3. Some people mentioned ordering ATIP can help move your case forward by showing they you are concerned and watching. I am not too sure about that personally. It is just a comfort which allows me to know more info about my progress. I've been ordering ATIP report non-stop , month after month , after my very first request. I just like to get some solid info. Right, since we are here, I like to point out that call center agents sometimes do not have the most updated info. either they don't have the access or they intentionally withhold some facts to avoid further troubles.
4. I was outside of the country on a very important business trip and unfortunately my PR card was expired before I left the country. I really took a chance here to try to come back to Canada with an expired PR card and landing paper, but, hey, it worked. the downside is , I had to drove cross the border from the states.
5. it took me a bit more than 3 years to finish the whole application and only 6 months for a friend of my with no RQ....she is only a week behind me in taking the oath...I mean, it even took me a year to get RQ...CIC really need to be more transparent regarding its service standard.

I wish each and everyone of you the every best, this forum has been a strong support for me during the past three years, I learned a lot and I will continue to share my experience and help others. Have faith, the day will come. cheers.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
SuperDude said:
guys, after more than three years of frustrating wait, I became a proud Canadian Citizen last Saturday. Looking back, my case is probably a bit "more interesting" than others. Not that my case is complicated in its basics but some other factors came into play. HERE ARE SOME TIPS AND EXPERIENCES I THINK THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO SOME FOLKS HERE.
1. I got RQed almost a year after initial submission. To this date, I still don't know why, the most likely reason for it is that I made several day shopping trip to the states but who knows...we should all stop wasting time on pondering why we've got RQed but focus more on gathering as much info as possible to support your residency.
2. i was 2 days short of the 1095 requirement. I did not realize that until I started doing my RQ...looks like RQ did serve its purpose in my case. It was caused by time difference during some of my long distance travels to Asia. I forgot to take them into account. Because I used foreign entry stamps to count my days , while in fact, I left Canada a day before that due to time difference. I am not sure if CIC is that strict but I do not want to take the chance. I wrote a letter explaining to CIC that it was a honest mistake, and they acknowledged that. I could see an entry in my ATIP report regarding that disclosure. so, being short is not a huge issue as long as it is not meant to mislead or hide something, but I highly recommend leaving a buffer zone after the 1095 days before you apply, just in case.
3. Some people mentioned ordering ATIP can help move your case forward by showing they you are concerned and watching. I am not too sure about that personally. It is just a comfort which allows me to know more info about my progress. I've been ordering ATIP report non-stop , month after month , after my very first request. I just like to get some solid info. Right, since we are here, I like to point out that call center agents sometimes do not have the most updated info. either they don't have the access or they intentionally withhold some facts to avoid further troubles.
4. I was outside of the country on a very important business trip and unfortunately my PR card was expired before I left the country. I really took a chance here to try to come back to Canada with an expired PR card and landing paper, but, hey, it worked. the downside is , I had to drove cross the border from the states.
5. it took me a bit more than 3 years to finish the whole application and only 6 months for a friend of my with no RQ....she is only a week behind me in taking the oath...I mean, it even took me a year to get RQ...CIC really need to be more transparent regarding its service standard.

I wish each and everyone of you the every best, this forum has been a strong support for me during the past three years, I learned a lot and I will continue to share my experience and help others. Have faith, the day will come. cheers.
Wow, many congrats !!!, nice to know after such a long wait now you are a proud Canadian. Its re-assuring and enforces some life into almost emotionally exhausted candidates due to the long and painful waits.... ;D 8)

examinfeb

Apr 14, 2014
re: "Some people mentioned ordering ATIP can help move your case forward by showing they you are concerned and watching" :

I know at least a case where it helped a friend who got rq'ed in 2012 then somehow wasn't invited to test like most of us were in Jan-Feb 2014. He requested ATIP in May 2014, and got invited to write test immediately in June 2014!!

Some also believe that , should the unwanted happen and you don't get oath after 36 months and go for Mandamus, you will have a file which will show that you have "exhausted all your options". And proof that nothing has been done between your ATIP's.

Over and beyond that, I don't believe ATIP's will change the pace of your application.

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
halloo i need helpe please . i want to applay for ATIP but the Privacy ATIP dosnt accept the phone nr and the Departments ? can some one tell me how i can applay for ? please

marlenitata

Sep 21, 2014
Hello everyone.
I'm just letting everyone know that I finally receive the letter for the Oath ceremony. :) My ceremony is this Saturday November 8th. I think, finally my journey is over with immigration Canada. Thanks to everyone for your support. I wish everybody else here good luck and a lot of patiente. I'm sharing my timeline, just in case anyone is wondering the time of my application.

HERE IS MY TIMELINE:
1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2011.

2-We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 19, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3-We started processing your application on April 23, 2012.

4-We sent you a letter on August 14, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

5-We sent you a notice on February 12, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 5, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

6-We sent you a notice on October 23, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 8, 2014 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.