+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

captaincanuck

Mar 19, 2014
eu_can said:
I also had test on St.Clair on the first week of February. Yesterday I was first time to called a CIC and was very confused after... The officer on test said that everything looks good in my file and I passed the test, but CIC agent from phone said that he can't see my test result, my file still in St.Clair and I should stop calling until Aug.2015 (36 mounts)... I'm very worry with it...

Seems like we are in the same boat. I hope there will be good news soon. Keep us updated about your progress. Good luck!

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

no news today too for me I took test on feb 4th 2013...no oath letter yet...

oathie

Mar 10, 2014
bogazici10 said:
hi guys,

bogazici10 said:
hi guys,

Hello Bogazici, I am also on the same boat , did the test on same day as yours.

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi again,

I will call them tomorrow by the way i took test on feb 7th, 2013...

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Oathie,

did you call CIC today?
I'm sure your file is either in scarborough waiting to be scheduled or they might have an oath date for you.

I hope you get some good news on Thursday or Friday.

we all know how it feels like when it comes to RQ and citizenship.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
Congratulations! bangloboy

Please let us know how your oath day went. Like how much time it takes from the moment you arrive in the hall and what happens after that. What to do and do nots. What items to take along with us on the oath date. Your information is greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)
The Oath experience was wonderful, great moment and great feeling. You can take family with you - I'm the last one in my family to get the citizenship so today my wife and my dad tagged along. Was in Scarborough - 130pm. The designated area was actually packed including new citizens and their guests. The whole process ended at 245pm and then you can wait to take pics with the judge.

I arrived at 120 and we had to make a line. On the pink letter there is actually a number - that will be your seat number. We then surrendered our PR card and landing document. I took 2 pcs of ID but they actually didn't check that LOL. Once we handed them we went and sat at our numbered seat. My family sat on the opposite side (room was crammed and filled up). Staff was very courteous and judge was in a very jovial mood. We were also given a flag and a pin :) also some nice reading material about Canada to keep and 2 printed letters from Stephen Harper and minister Alexander.

The judge said a few things about our values. Then we all stood up and said our oath together. Then they called our names based on number to get our certificate. Then we sang the national anthem for the first time as a CANADIAN! It was a great great feeling. There was some closing remarks and we were done!

All in all it was wonderful to see all kinds of nationalities (today from 29) and total of 95 new citizens.

Good luck to the rest of you from st Clair awaiting oath dates. You are almost there and now I can say it - to welcome you to my nation of Canada :)

Cheers!

oathie

Mar 10, 2014
freebird3000 said:
Oathie,

did you call CIC today?
I'm sure your file is either in scarborough waiting to be scheduled or they might have an oath date for you.

I hope you get some good news on Thursday or Friday.

we all know how it feels like when it comes to RQ and citizenship.
yes Freebird I checked with them they said its in scarborough waiting for oath date.

geforce780sli

Feb 10, 2014
I became Canadian Today !!! :D :D :D The Oath ceremony is very relaxed and exciting!!!

Hope all of you who are still waiting get oath letter soon! ;)

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request