+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
You are not the only one, unfortunately there are lot of candidates helplessly waiting for very long. I'm one among them ;D

Well, I'm so happy to see you waiting is over now. Wish you all the best.
What if you changed your address? Say to a city where the backlog isn't as bad as the one in St. Clair? Would that help speed it up? Or would your file go to back of the line in the new office?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
What if you changed your address? Say to a city where the backlog isn't as bad as the one in St. Clair? Would that help speed it up? Or would your file go to back of the line in the new office?

Presumably all the Citizenship applications from Toronto GTA with RQ issues are processed at centralized St.Claire location and when finalized they are returned to the candidate's local offices.

I guess, changing of address within Toronto GTA at this stage would'nt help much. However for candidate moving out of province, there might be different way to handle. Again, its my guess, I might be wrong.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
My experience, even though I moved to another city and changed my address with CIC but still my application + RQ was sent back to my original local office, I was called for test to the same local office and after the test and interview the CO asked me if I wanted to transfer the file to the new city so that I would go for my oath there. I said sure,how much time it would take to transfer the file ? he said he would transfer the file within a week. So in about 2 weeks my file was in the other cic office and I was called for oath in about 2 weeks.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
moti said:
My experience, even though I moved to another city and changed my address with CIC but still my application + RQ was sent back to my original local office, I was called for test to the same local office and after the test and interview the CO asked me if I wanted to transfer the file to the new city so that I would go for my oath there. I said sure,how much time it would take to transfer the file ? he said he would transfer the file within a week. So in about 2 weeks my file was in the other cic office and I was called for oath in about 2 weeks.
Yes, I thought so, CIC might have few regional processing offices all over the country for RQ processing. Once an application goes to that office, processing is completed there and then get transferred to candidates local office.

Looks like during that processing period, if a candidate moved to other city, that file is sent to that location.

Anyway, congrats on being invited for the Oath.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Presumably all the Citizenship applications from Toronto GTA with RQ issues are processed at centralized St.Claire location and when finalized they are returned to the candidate's local offices.

I guess, changing of address within Toronto GTA at this stage would'nt help much. However for candidate moving out of province, there might be different way to handle. Again, its my guess, I might be wrong.
Correct. I meant 'moving out of province' when I mentioned change of address.

For SOCIAL MEDIA savvy people, I'd recommend pressuring CIC officials on Twitter as well. Chief among these uncaring callous persons are Chris Alexander's office manager and chief of staff: Twitter.com/CDayOttawa
Please send him a Twitter message so that he realizes how pissed off we are. Be polite, but let him hear your points of views.

utarkashi

May 7, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Just to share good news. I finally got oath invitation letter. I would like to thank everyone for their valuable opinion and helped me with all my question. I would also like to pray for all who are waiting for a long time to get their citizenship.

Thank you,

Timeline:
applied: october 2012
started processing: Feb 2013
RQ received: April 2013
RQ replied: May 2013
citizenship test: March 2014
Oath : feb 2014

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
utarkashi said:
Hello Everyone,

Just to share good news. I finally got oath invitation letter. I would like to thank everyone for their valuable opinion and helped me with all my question. I would also like to pray for all who are waiting for a long time to get their citizenship.

Thank you,

Timeline:
Congrats !!!

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's encouraging!. Congratulations!.

utarkashi said:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

Timeline:

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
utarkashi said:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

Timeline:
Congratulations!!!! Long journey with a happy ending. Go have fun and enjoy your life. What was the oath letter date?
Thanks

utarkashi

May 7, 2014
echorael said:
Congratulations!!!! Long journey with a happy ending. Go have fun and enjoy your life. What was the oath letter date?
Thanks
I got the oath letter yesterday. There was typo in my previous post. Oath date is feb 2015.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Can someone please advise me after passing the Citizenship Test and having file transferred to Scarborough offices how long it takes to schedule Residency Hearing with the Citizenship Judge / Officer.

I request especially to the candidates who had Residency Hearing with the Citizenship Judge / Officer at Scarborough Offices, to please share your experiences either here or send me private message.

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
utarkashi said:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

Timeline:
Congratulations!! Finally dream became true. Wish you and your family all the best. Will you share your days of residency on the date you signed the application? Did you renew your PR card ever?
Thanks in advance.

utarkashi

May 7, 2014
torontorian said:
Congratulations!! Finally dream became true. Wish you and your family all the best. Will you share your days of residency on the date you signed the application? Did you renew your PR card ever?
Thanks in advance.
I had around 1240 days when I applied for citizenship. I did my PR renewal last year.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
utarkashi said:
I had around 1240 days when I applied for citizenship. I did my PR renewal last year.
Congratulations !!!

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
utarkashi said:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

Timeline:
Congratulations. My timeline is very close to you, but I got my RQ after the test.