+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony reschedule questions

SamKobo

Sep 17, 2024
Hi,

I just received the oath ceremony invitation today, but the date is a bit tricky for me.

The date is September 25, but I need to travel on October 2 and will be back around October 26. I need my PR card to return to Canada. So, I requested to reschedule the ceremony by replying to the email that sent me the invitation.

How do I know if my request is accepted and if they will reschedule the oath ceremony? Should I expect a confirmation email, just wait, or check if the application tracker gets updated?

I saw some people were asked for their boarding pass, but I assume this is for those who received the invitation while abroad?

Greenmaple2020

Jan 21, 2021
Hi,

I just received the oath ceremony invitation today, but the date is a bit tricky for me.

The date is September 25, but I need to travel on October 2 and will be back around October 26. I need my PR card to return to Canada. So, I requested to reschedule the ceremony by replying to the email that sent me the invitation.

How do I know if my request is accepted and if they will reschedule the oath ceremony? Should I expect a confirmation email, just wait, or check if the application tracker gets updated?

I saw some people were asked for their boarding pass, but I assume this is for those who received the invitation while abroad?

They will email you about result. If your plans is reasonable, they will allow.
Very likely you will get the email in 2 or 3 days. Mine was I sent out reschedule email Friday, and I got the answer on Monday.

Last edited:

SamKobo

Sep 17, 2024
Thanks for the information. Did you just reply the email with subject as "Ceremony - New date/time needed"?

I saw some people on the forum indicate they never received the confirmation email from IRCC but after several month, they got rescheduled date; so I was kind afraid of not hearing anything back.

Greenmaple2020

Jan 21, 2021
Thanks for the information. Did you just reply the email with subject as "Ceremony - New date/time needed"?

I saw some people on the forum indicate they never received the confirmation email from IRCC but after several month, they got rescheduled date; so I was kind afraid of not hearing anything back.
On your Notice of Appear letter, the first page says "if you cannot take the oath at this date and time, send a message with an explanation to this E-mail......" I use that link sent my email.

And on the page two, point 5. Rescheduling, it tells you what's email subject line. I included my Case number on the Email Subject, and in the email body, I have my case number and full name(when you got the Automatic reply email, this info was requested).