+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nunavut , Arctic College

watertruck

Apr 7, 2012
I have applied to this college due it's only 7000, Cad per year , and living expenses of 6000cad per year.

Do you think is a wise decision.

I'm very prepared , I have started looking at least 2 hours of videos per day of the arctic to be familiar with it.

B.C

Nov 9, 2011
Watertruck,

I don't think anything can prepare you for the harsh reality of the weather in Nunavut, but on the other hand it could be the adventure of a lifetime going somewhere so different. You'll see a side to Canada most people (including Canadians) don't see.

I am sure you've done a lot of research into what the lifestyle would be like in Nunavut, i.e transport, accomodation, employment, culture etc. I remember looking at Arctic College when researching Canadian colleges and there's quite a lot of information out there on what it's like to live in Nunavut.

Whether it's a wise decision depends on the qualitity of Arctic College and on your personality and how well you know yourself. I would love to go somewhere remote like this, but I know myself and my limitations and realize I would not cope well. You on the other hand may thrive, especially if you go with the right attitude and realistic expectations. Good luck!! I hope you have an amazing time.

netchaos

Aug 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"$28 cabbage, $65 chicken, and other insane food prices in Northern Canada". This is the title of an article I read recently. I'm in now way trying discourage you. If you are interested you can read it here,
http://grist.org/list/28-cabbage-65-chicken-and-other-insane-food-prices-in-northern-canada-2/

Edit: If cost is the main factor behind choosing The Arctic College, then why don't you take a look at the College of North Atlantic, which has a campus in St. John's, NL. The conditions in St. John's, Newfoundland should be far more better than Nunavut. Their website is cna.nl.ca and fees is around 6600 a year for international students.

Disclaimer: I haven't been to Canada and all these information are based on what I have read online.

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
B.C said:
Watertruck,

I don't think anything can prepare you for the harsh reality of the weather in Nunavut, but on the other hand it could be the adventure of a lifetime going somewhere so different. You'll see a side to Canada most people (including Canadians) don't see.

I am sure you've done a lot of research into what the lifestyle would be like in Nunavut, i.e transport, accomodation, employment, culture etc. I remember looking at Arctic College when researching Canadian colleges and there's quite a lot of information out there on what it's like to live in Nunavut.

Whether it's a wise decision depends on the qualitity of Arctic College and on your personality and how well you know yourself. I would love to go somewhere remote like this, but I know myself and my limitations and realize I would not cope well. You on the other hand may thrive, especially if you go with the right attitude and realistic expectations. Good luck!! I hope you have an amazing time.
Did you have a 9.0 in writing or what?? :eek:

B.C

Nov 9, 2011
"Did you have a 9.0 in writing or what??"

world.citizen,

Thanks, I wish I could take credit and pretend to be brilliant at a foreign language, but English is my first language. I'm Bengali, but I was born and bought up in England. I used to be good at writing, but my writing has become sloppy lately. Too much internet and TV, not enough reading.

Watertruck,
I don't know what College of the North Atlantic is like, but Netchaos makes a valid point. There are similar cheap colleges out there that would allow you to experience the real Canada, without having to face such a culture shock or extreme living conditions. Apparently, it is very expensive to live in Nunavut.

If you're set on going to Nunavut, go for it. I have to say that you're a brave and adventurous man. Don't underestimate how very hard it will be to physically, mentally and financially adapt to Nunavut and you will have a challenging, but rewarding experience.

soloman1776

Star Member
May 22, 2012
its like when Canadians are sentenced to death they are sent to nunavut.lol
kidding
if u are really adventurous u'll find ways to amuse urself ;)