+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Number of LMIAs Vs PR Quota? HOPE???

TheNewGuy

Jan 26, 2015
This is the official statement by CIC.

In 2015, Canada will welcome between 260,000 and 285,000 new permanent residents. Here is the reference: cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-11-06.asp

Is there anyone who can give official link where they have declared Number of LMIAs to be issued in 2015?

The reason why i am asking this is because if the number of LMIAs to be issued are less compared to PR projection quota then, ultimately the score required to get ITA will come down and those without LMIAs will also get chance as well.

Any comment on that?

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The quota of LMIAs issued in 2014 were 1200. i dont have a written proof of this. However in a technical briefing by CIC in December 2014. They mentioned this.
Thinking about score going down.
They are sure to go down someone in the future. And i strongly believe that, anybody above 450 score has a very good chance of getting lucky.

I'd request you to not spend a lot of time in analysis of things thats not in your control and work on improving your score too atleast above 450. And then worry about these things.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the_lion said:
I'd request you to not spend a lot of time in analysis of things thats not in your control and work on improving your score too atleast above 450. And then worry about these things.
+++++1!! ;)

Also, TheNewGuy, please realise that the numbers you quoted cover ALL immigration streams, not just EE. Don't forget that there are many many thousands of PR applications in process, or waiting to be processed, from pre 01/01/2015.

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Lammawitch

Do you think previous applications from 2014 will be counted towards 2015 quota? I am not sure I agree on it. That's why they have targets for specific years according to yearly immigration targets and they do not accept ore applications than that. So I would think targets for 2015 is just for new applicants right?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monija said:
Lammawitch

Do you think previous applications from 2014 will be counted towards 2015 quota? I am not sure I agree on it. That's why they have targets for specific years according to yearly immigration targets and they do not accept ore applications than that. So I would think targets for 2015 is just for new applicants right?
(N.B. I am not an expert!! & this is ONLY my opinion)

Yes I do. CIC refers to the number of PRs Canada will "welcome". I.e. (IMO, those who will receive COPR &/or land). Not to the number of applications they will process.

I agree that when one tries to analyse CIC media releases, there is a question of semantics.

If one looks at quotas for the last few years, for various streams, versus the number of PRs processed/landed, it's quite clear, IMO.

Also, when considering the question, one should not forget that 1 application does not equal 1 person; wives, children get PR too, if included.

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Yea CIC never gives a clear information. I am CEC applicant so mostly I am interested into CEC quota. CIC said that for CIC quota was increased from 15000 for 2014 to 23000 for 2015. So that kinda says that there will be 23000 new applications accepted under this stream ( as you said probably applicants + dependants)

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Also then CIC mentioned the targets FSW 51000 and CEC 23000 they said these people will be invited through EE, so they can't include applicants from previous years cause they didn't apply through EE.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monija said:
Yea CIC never gives a clear information. I am CEC applicant so mostly I am interested into CEC quota. CIC said that for CIC quota was increased from 15000 for 2014 to 23000 for 2015. So that kinda says that there will be 23000 new applications accepted under this stream ( as you said probably applicants + dependants)
:) Okay. So, (playing devil's advocate here) how many applications accepted in 2015 will translate to PR granted in 2015? How many CEC applications accepted in 2014 still in process & PR will only be granted in 2015?

I'm truly not trying to be negative, just pointing out generally that statistics can be misleading, & without knowing exactly how CIC are calculating & publishing them, unfortunately the numbers aren't too helpful for projections :(.

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Well they said that from May 2014 till January 2015 will be accepted 8000 new applications, the cap was reached at the end of November. Cause quata for 2014 was 15000 I believe they accepted some applications before May. So if the quata is 23000 this year it means that it will be the number of applications accepted in 2015. That's how I understand it.