15-Nov-2016
Passport Req..
19 October 2017
mf4361 said:
1/1 was on a Sunday. Today is stat holiday
Finally they will start working regularly from tommorow

P

pnpab

Folks, don't worry too much if your background check status is not changed in the MYCIC account. There is a different team that is responsible for updating the profiles with the changes. I was told by IRCC that the responsible team has a lot of backlog of work and therefore they lag quite a bit.
Alternatively you can either find out about your status through regular GCMS notes inquires or if you get lucky to get to know it by asking the call center agent. Also, your local MP office can ask the status on your behalf if the call center agent won't tell you directly.

I think at around the 10-11 months time frame, they start the security check. They seem to be assuming a 3 to 6 months time frame for this stage for most cases. Some cases may take longer if more checks are required.

What I said above is based on speculations and can be wrong. Take it with a grain of salt.

kingskid

Feb 20, 2014
pnpab said:
Folks, don't worry too much if your background check status is not changed in the MYCIC account. There is a different team that is responsible for updating the profiles with the changes. I was told by IRCC that the responsible team has a lot of backlog of work and therefore they lag quite a bit.
Alternatively you can either find out about your status through regular GCMS notes inquires or if you get lucky to get to know it by asking the call center agent. Also, your local MP office can ask the status on your behalf if the call center agent won't tell you directly.

I think at around the 10-11 months time frame, they start the security check. They seem to be assuming a 3 to 6 months time frame for this stage for most cases. Some cases may take longer if more checks are required.

What I said above is based on speculations and can be wrong. Take it with a grain of salt.
INTERESTING.

Jfk20101

Oct 8, 2013
pnpab said:

I think you are 90% correct

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
pnpab said:

I hope so but I think the difference between ECAS and mycic is that the mycic accounts are automatic and when someone open your file you will receive an update. I think when you see background in progress, it means that they just assigned your case to an officer for final security check and so far they did not. I don't think that we will receive PPR earlier than 15 months.

P

pnpab

umanitoba said:
I hope so but I think the difference between ECAS and mycic is that the mycic accounts are automatic and when someone open your file you will receive an update. I think when you see background in progress, it means that they just assigned your case to an officer for final security check and so far they did not. I don't think that we will receive PPR earlier than 15 months.
My security was started in mid October but mycic shows not needed.

rajarajan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Guys,

Does anybody know how long it will actually take to get BOWP Online?.

It shows 22 days and it shows they are working on Nov 23 applications .

your kind advise .please

November2015

Apr 20, 2016
rajarajan said:
Guys,

your kind advise .please

Processing time varies based on the volume of the applicants, I got it last year through online and took me more than 2 months and it normally issued 1 yr extension with no job restriction.
My BOMP will expired on April 2017, hopefully I receive my PR before April.

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
rajarajan said:
Guys,

your kind advise .please
I sent my BOWP application online on 24 November and got it back with the work permit for a year on the 24th of December. I have applied for my TRV on Dec 28th and waiting for that now.

Any November December applications moving forward? Any new DMs, PPRs?

harrypotte424

Nov 4, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
Reminder Email: 19-July-2016
AOR Received.
10-March-2016
Med's Request
2 Nov 2016
Med's Done....
15-Nov-2016
Passport Req..
19 October 2017
nuksyed said:
I sent my BOWP application online on 24 November and got it back with the work permit for a year on the 24th of December. I have applied for my TRV on Dec 28th and waiting for that now.

Any November December applications moving forward? Any new DMs, PPRs?
No updates from any applicant. I think they are stilll closed

ivs

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 8, 2015
AOR Received.
March 1, 2015
Med's Request
Nov 2, 2016
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2016
Passport Req..
March 6, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 14,2017
Hi guys,

I am just curious during the background security check, what does the immigration officer usually check during this process?