+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November applicants for Jan2020 (UAE)

Pretty Franca

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Wow, I am so happy for you, I just gave my biometrics on 1st December, it was updated same day, I haven't received any email from them, were you receiving emails or you were just checking your account daily?

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Wow, I am so happy for you, I just gave my biometrics on 1st December, it was updated same day, I haven't received any email from them, were you receiving emails or you were just checking your account daily?
When I received my biometrics validity letter through email, it included my application number. I linked it online and started checking the account every now and then until it was suddenly approved. Now I should receive the letter of passport request through email soon and then print it and go to vfs, but as I said because of the holiday it might take a little while.

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
But in general, once you receive the biometrics validity letter through email, this means that the decision is made and will be shown in your account within the next 1-2 days. The first time I applied and got rejected back in August, I received the biometrics validity letter one day before the decision showed up, and so did this time, one day after the letter. So you don't have to check your account until you receive the letter then start checking regularly.

christy94

Oct 28, 2017
Hi guys,
I am from Dubai too. Did you apply for the master's program? what all documents do we have to submit in the VFS(it is inside the wafi mall right?) how much do all the visa processing fees come?

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hi guys,
I am from Dubai too. Did you apply for the master's program? what all documents do we have to submit in the VFS(it is inside the wafi mall right?) how much do all the visa processing fees come?
I applied for a bachelor's program as I have just finished high school. You give in all the required documents for your application normally as you would online, and yes it is inside wafi mall. It costs around 600 dhs with the biometrics I think Im not sure.

Pretty Franca

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Please guys what is ghost updates
Secondly my application changed this morning from background check to we are reviewing your eligibility, what does it mean

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Please guys what is ghost updates
Secondly my application changed this morning from background check to we are reviewing your eligibility, what does it mean
A ghost update is when you see something change in the status of the application but it doesn't give you a straight-up answer.
It means that maybe the decision is near or maybe just that the process is successfully taking place.