+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Octy008

Feb 3, 2021
Members who got their AOR, what do you all see when you click ‘In Process’ for PRAS in ECAS?

I see:
1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 17, 2020.

does anyone see ‘we started processing’?

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Members who got their AOR, what do you all see when you click ‘In Process’ for PRAS in ECAS?

I see:
1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 17, 2020.

does anyone see ‘we started processing’?
It should be written on sponser's ECAS

Reactions: Octy008

RBV

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if PA gave biometrics for a TRV application in past and it is still valid, do they need to provide biometrics again for Spousal Sponsorship application? Or IRCC just use the same biometrics that were provided for the TRV application?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does anyone know if PA gave biometrics for a TRV application in past and it is still valid, do they need to provide biometrics again for Spousal Sponsorship application? Or IRCC just use the same biometrics that were provided for the TRV application?
Right now there is a temporary covid measure to use previous biometrics. In the past, new biometrics were required for PR applicants.

But: if you're wondering whether to pay or not, my suggestion would be to pay the modest amount in case they change the temporary measure; so far, most have eventually had the money returned. But up to each applicant, if they need to request the biometric fees, they will, I just assume most would prefer to avoid any potential delay.

RBV

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Right now there is a temporary covid measure to use previous biometrics. In the past, new biometrics were required for PR applicants.

But: if you're wondering whether to pay or not, my suggestion would be to pay the modest amount in case they change the temporary measure; so far, most have eventually had the money returned. But up to each applicant, if they need to request the biometric fees, they will, I just assume most would prefer to avoid any potential delay.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, biometric fee has been paid when the application was submitted.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your reply. Yes, biometric fee has been paid when the application was submitted.
Basically then don't worry about it. Probably they will just use the previous biometric, but should they need it, you'll get a biometric request.

Reactions: RBV
Nov 5, 2020
I'm super confused about the GC Key. I tried to sign up for one as the PA, but all it asked me for was a user name and some security questions... not even my name?

And then I tried to log in to link my application, and it takes me to a page that says:

From this page you can Change Your Password, Change Your Recovery Questions or Revoke Your GCKey.

To help protect your information, please remember to sign out and close your browser before leaving this computer unattended.

Please select Continue to return to the Government of Canada online service.

So I click the Continue button and it takes me back here: https://www.cic.gc.ca/

What am I doing wrong?

GodBlessUsAll

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm super confused about the GC Key. I tried to sign up for one as the PA, but all it asked me for was a user name and some security questions... not even my name?

And then I tried to log in to link my application, and it takes me to a page that says:

From this page you can Change Your Password, Change Your Recovery Questions or Revoke Your GCKey.

To help protect your information, please remember to sign out and close your browser before leaving this computer unattended.

Please select Continue to return to the Government of Canada online service.

So I click the Continue button and it takes me back here: https://www.cic.gc.ca/

What am I doing wrong?
Delete cache and then try again.