+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Most of the applicants are lucky except few one who suffered for 3 years or more without any valid reason. I don't believe IRCC will give any importance to this minority group.
3 years delay in normal times is really exceptional and bad. But due to pandemic, the normal processing itself is around 2 years now.
So I guess taking 3 years (or) more during pandemic is almost like taking another extra year to process application. Yes, it is stressful, but once the offices open, the backlog will melt like a butter. And of course, 2019 took the big hit.

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
3 years delay in normal times is really exceptional and bad. But due to pandemic, the normal processing itself is around 2 years now.
So I guess taking 3 years (or) more during pandemic is almost like taking another extra year to process application. Yes, it is stressful, but once the offices open, the backlog will melt like a butter. And of course, 2019 took the big hit.
But I have real doubt that once all offices will open, if IRCC will prioritize 2019 applications? May be they will consider 2020/2021 applications first as the entire process is random here. We can't trust the process which is not fair at all.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
But I have real doubt that once all offices will open, if IRCC will prioritize 2019 applications? May be they will consider 2020/2021 applications first as the entire process is random here. We can't trust the process which is not fair at all.
It seems mostly either single (or) family (2) are getting test (or) oath invites a lot. Family (3 or more) are delayed a lot. Honestly, I don't know the logic behind processing single applicants fast. It is a common sense to process applications in order. That just removes lots of confusion.

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
It seems mostly either single (or) family (2) are getting test (or) oath invites a lot. Family (3 or more) are delayed a lot. Honestly, I don't know the logic behind processing single applicants fast. It is a common sense to process applications in order. That just removes lots of confusion.
I am also not sure the logic behind this. More applicants means they are getting more money also.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/cit-grant-eapp.html
I dont know if our left outs are waiting for another storm on prioritizing online one before finishing existing paper ones.

Yes thats we could see from few posts. But I dont get the logic that the successful rate mostly only if it goes beyond 3 years instead of just beyond the standard timeline.
The problem is a standard timeline is not defined. When they write 12 months, then append it with the comment this is the average processing time based on the last X months (which is strange, because most applications since 2019 are not finalized. Maybe its false publicity that they are doing well :rolleyes: ). This absolves IRCC from any responsibility to act according to a specific timeline. They act according to what they feel, and then just compute the average time of their decisions. The first step is to define a standard timeline. Then to send updates to the applicants why their files are being delayed beyond that.

Reactions: harirajmohan

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I heard one news that if your application is sitting ideal even after 3 years of application date, then you can go to court to know the actual reason of delay.
I don't want to go to the court just to know why my file is being delayed. I want to go to the court to force IRCC to make a decision on my file within a specific time. It's been almost 2 years since I applied. I know other who have been waiting for more. This is absurd and unjustifiable

Goran1989

Jun 7, 2021
Wow... I'm reading this stuff and I think it is unbelievable. It is super bad that you can't contact anyone about anything. For a simple piece of information that could mean a life to you, you are hitting stone wall. For example this ETA for my citizenship oath ceremony or any of the steps would make a huge difference. But no, no one is willing to look into your file and figure it out. How difficult would that be? All of the lines are busy and no one is saying anything. I have been working on this for 5 years. Now, I'm at the point of just giving up on it. It is super bad and there is nothing I can do about it. Sorry I had ti vent a little.

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
I don't want to go to the court just to know why my file is being delayed. I want to go to the court to force IRCC to make a decision on my file within a specific time. It's been almost 2 years since I applied. I know other who have been waiting for more. This is absurd and unjustifiable

https://www.bellissimolawgroup.com/citizenship-applications-delays-processing-times/

Over 3 Years – if your application has been in process for over 3 years, it may be promising to make an application to the Federal Court for “mandamus” (an Order demanding CIC to process the application, as it has taken longer than the process requires). These are particularly effective when CIC has not provided any reason or explanation for the delay.

Jas4rmny

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
This message I received from my local MP about status of my application:

Immigration has provided the following details.
-Security and criminality are complete
-waiting on review for language & residency
-back log created due to Covid. Review team is working on files from June 2019 although they could not provide a timeline the agent did say things are moving a little quicker so we should start to see results shortly.
If no further news after 2 months do not hesitate to contact me for another follow up.
Which office?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
But some people who applied Jan 2021 are getting DM on their files. So, why it is taking 2 years for others who applied in 2019? There is no reasonable explanation to this difference in processing times.

Late 2019 applicants are the most unlucky. All the internal and external factors were aligned against them :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Omegabyte

Chajhei

Nov 19, 2019
Update
Test Invite Jun 25
Test done July 12
Update to completed 2 weeks after
Passport page request Aug 8, sent aug 10

Decision made in old ECAS Aug 12
everything completed but ceremony still not started
Hi I had sent my application previously in September but it got returned in November.

Family size: 3
Application resent: Nov 20
Application delivered: Nov 25
Physical presence: 1400
AOR received: February 17, 2020