Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
The exact same thing & exact timeline for me. I guess they just dumped the applications for no reason. Also the system is not based on first cum first serve basis which is very strange.
My theory is that they just do like this, dumped some, for their internal & external reporting purposes showcasing the timely completion of 80%+ applications to avoid any backlash from govt & people. So 10-20% become victims of processing nature of cic and labeled them as non-routine to shut others voice.

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
My theory is that they just do like this, dumped some, for their internal & external reporting purposes showcasing the timely completion of 80%+ applications to avoid any backlash from govt & people. So 10-20% become victims of processing nature of cic and labeled them as non-routine to shut others voice.
If that is the case and if they really don't want to process further for those 20% applicants then they should refund back the money. Any idea if similar trend already exists in the past, I mean during the year 2018, 2017 or before that. I saw in one news that some 800+ applicants still waiting for the applications since last 4 years.

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-citizenship-betrayed-waiting-1.6028800

Testing backlog grew during pandemic
Data obtained by CBC News shows Minakshi is one of hundreds of thousands of people stuck in a waiting pattern.

In a series of internal IRCC emails, employees acknowledge that the backlog of those permanent residents who are ready to take a citizenship test grew from 87,000 people in March 2020 to 102,000 by the start of this year.

The information also shows there were 311,259 people waiting to go through the entire application process for citizenship at the end of January.

Of those, 102,989 had been waiting between 13 and 18 months — and 865 for more than four years.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
This may explain why some later applicants move ahead of us, in which case they do this for their own interest without any regard to the order of applicants (i.e., fairness).

Reactions: CherryKa

CherryKa

Aug 2, 2014
Exactly. That's how I see it too. Everyone does everything in their own interest only, so it totally makes sense. They don't give a damn about us - but they do care about their KPIs

Reactions: CaBeaver

Jas4rmny

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
Guys, I am from Montreal and my last update on tracker was background completed in nov 2020 . I am moving out of Montreal to Windsor Ontario so does anyone knows if this will create further delays to my application if I update my new address in the system?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Guys, I am from Montreal and my last update on tracker was background completed in nov 2020 . I am moving out of Montreal to Windsor Ontario so does anyone knows if this will create further delays to my application if I update my new address in the system?
Not every change is triggering transfer.
Also nowadays they update the event office which will still handle the file and/or update primary/secondary offices and share workload.
If you dont have anyone at old address to safely collect the certificate then just change the address early than closer to dm/oath. No other choice you have.

is anyone assigned to your file or its in registry in gcms notes?

Jas4rmny

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
Does any know the validity time for biometric, normally it’s 1 year But I wonder if they extended to longer period since ircc has given up on us in covid.

Jas4rmny

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
Not every change is triggering transfer.
Also nowadays they update the event office which will still handle the file and/or update primary/secondary offices and share workload.
If you dont have anyone at old address to safely collect the certificate then just change the address early than closer to dm/oath. No other choice you have.

is anyone assigned to your file or its in registry in gcms notes?
Thanks, i haven’t been invited to citizenship test. Since I don’t see anyone from Montreal talking about getting test invite, I don’t think I will get an invite for another 6 months or probably more so better to change address and hope for the faster service from Windsor office then Montreal.

Reactions: harirajmohan

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Does any know the validity time for biometric, normally it’s 1 year But I wonder if they extended to longer period since ircc has given up on us in covid.
Criminality and Immigration clearances are valid for 1 year. Security clearance is valid for 4 years. IRCC hasn't extended the validity of any of the clearances. This is the reason why many applicants have been receiving their second FP request.

You provide fingerprints for your criminality clearance.

Jas4rmny

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
Criminality and Immigration clearances are valid for 1 year. Security clearance is valid for 4 years. IRCC hasn't extended the validity of any of the clearances. This is the reason why many applicants have been receiving their second FP request.

You provide fingerprints for your criminality clearance.
Yes , it was for criminality clearance.

gypsy_geo

Dec 6, 2019
Language skills, physical presence and prohibitions all changed to 'Completed' on July 16. ECAS is now showing 'Decision Made'. Now waiting for oath invite. Please update tracker.

If anyone is interested, this is out of the Calgary office.

Reactions: varlam

gypsy_geo

Dec 6, 2019
Language skills, physical presence and prohibitions all changed to 'Completed' on July 16. ECAS is now showing 'Decision Made'. Now waiting for oath invite. Please update tracker.

Also I have noticed on the tracker that my test date was never updated. Test was written on May 3.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Also I have noticed on the tracker that my test date was never updated. Test was written on May 3.
Congrats! That's Decision Made.

I have updated the spreadsheet.