+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I did... The photo of my ID was a bit blurry even though I was using my iPad Pro which has a really good front camera.

(7-megapixel photos, 1080p HD video recording, Retina Flash, ƒ/2.2 aperture, Auto image stabilization...)
I see you passed the test a couple of weeks ago. Have you received anything from them, or called to check if your result was accepted? I am hearing that people are re-doing the test because of this issue, and I am a bit concerned.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
I see you passed the test a couple of weeks ago. Have you received anything from them, or called to check if your result was accepted? I am hearing that people are re-doing the test because of this issue, and I am a bit concerned.
I wouldn't be concerned about this matter is it is the expected result to have a bit blurry quality when taking documents picture off video calls camera. If anything, it would be within a short time frame to request another photo that I can tell from other members' responses here in the forum.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I wouldn't be concerned about this matter is it is the expected result to have a bit blurry quality when taking documents picture off video calls camera. If anything, it would be within a short time frame to request another photo that I can tell from other members' responses here in the forum.
I saw someone received another test invitation because of this issue after at least 6 weeks from completing the first test. This means more delays because of things that aren't our fault, and I am not sure taking the id photos again would make it better anyway. This is a technical issue with the cameras as you mentioned.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
I haven't received anything yet however my processing office is Vancouver so it might happen in 2023. It's my plan to call them tomorrow. I'm also a bit concerned but I'm actually more concerned about the fact that when I had my iPad turned landscape mode (therefore the camera was more on the left side of the screen) it seems like my eyes are facing next to my iPad therefore they could consider it as cheating even though the whole test took me approx 4 minutes.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Salyo

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
When you did the test the first time, did you feel that the id photo was not clear when you took it?
The system keeps ask me to retake the id pic many times even I read the news couples also take the test same day with me they told them to retake the test .I guess there was some technical issue .

Reactions: CaBeaver

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I did... The photo of my ID was a bit blurry even though I was using my iPad Pro which has a really good front camera.

(7-megapixel photos, 1080p HD video recording, Retina Flash, ƒ/2.2 aperture, Auto image stabilization...)
There was a note from one member saying we shouldnt be using tablet/phone for the test as per the instructions in the email invite.
For sure many reported blurring issue for pc itself. So surely they havent corrected the issue around photo capture of the ID yet.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
There was a note from one member saying we shouldnt be using tablet/phone for the test as per the instructions in the email invite.
For sure many reported blurring issue for pc itself. So surely they havent corrected the issue around photo capture of the ID yet.
The instructions don't say anything about not using an iPad. It only says not to use Google Chrome browser on iPad therefore it's completely fine with using Safari (native web browser).

Reactions: Omegabyte

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
The instructions don't say anything about not using an iPad. It only says not to use Google Chrome browser on iPad therefore it's completely fine with using Safari (native web browser).
Ok. Thanks for the confirmation on that.

Already we are waiting for ever for the test invite and on top of this we face this kind of problems. Its never ending....

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Ok. Thanks for the confirmation on that.

Already we are waiting for ever for the test invite and on top of this we face this kind of problems. Its never ending....
Absolutely... At this point, in all fairness, CIC should have automatically granted urgent processing to all 2019 applicants. And absolutely not to spend any time with any application submitted in 2021 until the very last application from 2019 is approved.