May 15, 2016
App Received: Nov 16, 2018
AOR: Dec 25, 2018
Med Request: Jan 28 2019
Med done: Feb 14, 2019
medical passed not sure of the date
BG Started: sometime in March, 2019
Eligibility Review started: May 15, 2019

I'm an out of status applicant and have a representative. I always call the automated phone to try and get some update.

When i sent my application, i also applied for OWP but got an email on May 23 that they've mailed out my WP.

does that mean im approved or that I'll get AIP soon?

Leking1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019

I'm an out of status applicant and have a representative. I always call the automated phone to try and get some update.

When i sent my application, i also applied for OWP but got an email on May 23 that they've mailed out my WP.

Yes

kasali99

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018

Mailing out your work permit means you have passed Eligibilty. You should expect DM very soon. I was a Nov 20 out of status applicant too. Just waiting for my interview date. Congrats in advance.

Reactions: Jackito

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Mailing out your work permit means you have passed Eligibilty. You should expect DM very soon. I was a Nov 20 out of status applicant too. Just waiting for my interview date. Congrats in advance.
That is incorrect information
Review of eligibility means they are reviewing the file so he/she might get AIP or might not: they might request additional information or transfer file depending on the case
Open work permit has no effect on the sponsorship file and it doesn't mean that if he/she mailed his/her OWP then eligibility is passed
Please make sure you are certain about any information like that before you answer

kasali99

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
That is incorrect information
Review of eligibility means they are reviewing the file so he/she might get AIP or might not: they might request additional information or transfer file depending on the case
Open work permit has no effect on the sponsorship file and it doesn't mean that if he/she mailed his/her OWP then eligibility is passed
Please make sure you are certain about any information like that before you answer
Due to my being out of status, i called cic at some point and i was told that i can only get a work permit after AIP. I'm sorry if i gave the wrong information. I based my judgement on what i was told by the agent i spoke to.

Reactions: reetottal

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Due to my being out of status, i called cic at some point and i was told that i can only get a work permit after AIP. I'm sorry if i gave the wrong information. I based my judgement on what i was told by the agent i spoke to.
Yeah that's true but that doesn't mean the opposite though;
OWP will be granted after AIP if you are out of status but submitting OWP while out of status does not grant AIP

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Yeah that's true but that doesn't mean the opposite though;
OWP will be granted after AIP if you are out of status but submitting OWP while out of status does not grant AIP

I think @Jackito means that he did send OWP with PR app while out of status, but he has now received notice from IRCC that the OWP application has been sent to Edmonton on May 23rd (correct me if I’m wrong!). Therefore this would imply that he has AIP because the OWP would not be processed otherwise?

Reactions: Geno.uss

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019

Yeah because they won’t process OWP until AIP stage for out of status principal applicant congrats! Just wait for the letter and ask your representative to check their email as for my case review of eligibility started and AIP receipt at the same time so just check or call IRCC to hotline and speak to an agent to inquire about your AIP

Last edited:

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Got our landing letter last night at like 8:00PM as well. Great news to wake up to this Saturday. Now the waiting game for appointment date !!
Congrats

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Alright.
So there will be questionnaire there. Is it like Service Canada where you just walk up to a counter when called.
It’s like 2-3 questions for the principal applicant and sometime 1 question to the sponsor or just ask for valid ID and it will take 5-10 minutes overall not including the waiting time and they just want to see if you still living together that’s why they’re asking for the valid identification with address for both of you this is based on what other people experience during landing.

Reactions: Lithiumwow

Jackito

May 15, 2016
I think @Jackito means that he did send OWP with PR app while out of status, but he has now received notice from IRCC that the OWP application has been sent to Edmonton on May 23rd (correct me if I’m wrong!). Therefore this would imply that he has AIP because the OWP would not be processed otherwise?
The email says they have mailed the wp to my address and its validiry is till 2021

i should get it in less than 6 weeks

kasali99

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Prior to me getting my interview letter on friday, i never received a reply to my open work. Would i get a refund if i eventually dont get it b4 my interview day?