+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**NOVEMBER 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS**

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
carriedomitin said:
Could one of you kind souls please tell me how I can find out the current processing times for my VO (Paris)? :)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp

If you want a less official, but possibly more accurate one, look for a thread here about the Paris office, and see what seems typical.

Kitoko90

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront- passed
Med's Done....
4-11-2016
Passport Req..
3-13-2017
VISA ISSUED...
BY Faith
LANDED..........
BY Faith April 2017
prvc said:
Just got my PPR! Glory be to God!:)

YAAAAWHOOOO!!!. CONGRATS PRVC. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
15-01-2016,upfront, extended
Interview........
Waived, Decision Made - 24-03-2017
Passport Req..
No PPR, new identity photos requested on 28-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
Bcboundboy said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp

If you want a less official, but possibly more accurate one, look for a thread here about the Paris office, and see what seems typical.
Thank you so much! :)

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
prvc said:
One applicant from Paris was done in 3 months time. :D It really depends on your case, but maybe less than 6?
It has been about 4 and we are not sure if our case is even being worked on at the moment. I hope it is not much more than 6 though! Congrats on your PPR by the way! :D

Chinito777

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-16
AOR Received.
08-12-16
File Transfer...
08-12-16
Med's Request
Upfront. PASSED
Med's Done....
12-11-16
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Soon.
LANDED..........
Soon.
prvc said:
Nice PRVC! Congratulations! Finally! No more LDR! :) We are happy for you... ;D ;D ;D

Chinito777

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-16
AOR Received.
08-12-16
File Transfer...
08-12-16
Med's Request
Upfront. PASSED
Med's Done....
12-11-16
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Soon.
LANDED..........
Soon.
prvc said:
Thanks, Chinito!! :) Super happy! Hope you receive the PPR soon. They're working now on November apps and I'm sure you're next! :)
I hope this month also. I prayed also for my PPR. I'm happy for you. By the way. I have PM for you. :)

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
prvc said:
Thank you. + :) Do you have a straightforward case, btw?
You're very welcome, I wish you all the best. :) I think we do have a straightforward case. But what do you mean by that exactly?

bluenkj

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/4/16
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/22/16
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
12/9/16
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
10/2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15/3/17
VISA ISSUED...
23/03/2017
LANDED..........
8/4/2017
What does COPR received and stamped indicate on the spreadsheet? Is that when individuals received their stamped COPR from their VO or does that mean when their VO got the PPR and it was sent with a tracking mail.

Thanks for any advise.

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
prvc said:
Did you submit everything upfront including medical and PCC?

First marriage, no dependent child, no red flags? :)
We hired a representative (lawyer) to be 99.9% sure everything got done correctly because my husband over stayed on his initial work visa. He did however leave the country voluntarily and I left with him at the time. We had an interview with someone from the CBSA just before leaving who said since we cooperated my husband would be allowed back into the country without any issue. He just told us to apply properly from outside of Canada just like we have done.

Medical was done quite a while ago now, so they may ask us to do it again, although my husband said it says he passed. This is both of our first marriage, we have no children, and I don't think there are any "red flags"as our representative helped us to present everything in the proper way. Neither one of us are criminals or have ever broken any laws, etc. His over stay is the only thing I think that could be a red flag, but we explained everything thoroughly when submitting our application. We also explained everything truthfully and honestly to the CBSA agent when he interviewed us. What do you think? Could this drastically effect the time it takes for them to process our case?

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
prvc said:
Thank you for sharing this information. :)

I believe you won't have any issue with his overstay as long as he left on his own volition. Normally, applicants with visa overstay (even in Canada) can successfully apply for PR given that the relationship is genuine. There may be issues with it if the marriage happened just right before the work visa expired, sometimes CIC will look at it as marriage of convenience (MOC). But if you have been married long before that, then you won't have any problem especially if you've been upfront about it. I know someone with visa overstay and was granted a PR in no time, so I am letting you know that the overstay won't cause any problem as long as you have a solid case of genuine marriage. :)
Thank you very much for your input. I know you know what you are talking about and that makes me feel a little bit better. :) We got married AFTER my husband's visa expired. He had a solid reason for over staying and we sent a good amount proof to prove our marriage and relationship to be genuine (letters from family and friends, photos of our wedding and photos of each other throughout the whole duration of our relationship, e-mails, facebook chat logs, skype video chat screen shots, proof of our travels together to his country, etc).

I saw the profile of the other member who has already been granted PR through the Paris VO and I have read all of his posts on this thread (I refresh it many times a day). I know everything is case-by-case but that is why I got a bit worried. They sent the following e-mail to our representative on December 22nd, 2016:

Dear Applicant:

In order to complete your application for permanent residence in Canada, please send to our Paris office by email the following documents and information:

Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) (which we sent)

IMM5569/SCHEDULE A to be completed: page 2 section 8 (activities from November 2011 to May 2012 and since September 2016) and positions help for Adequat Interim, Axion Interim,Acidnet, Samsonite, Nike, la Banque Postale, Visions Electronics and Quality Flooring (we sent this as well, these are some of his previous jobs in Canada and in Paris/Reunion Island that they wanted more information on)

If we do not receive these documents within 60 days, your application will be examined on the basis of the material available. This could result in the refusal of your application. ~

Your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed necessary. You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.

For all further correspondence, you must include the complete FILE NUMBER, written as above, in the title and in the text of your message. Failure to do so may delay the processing of your application.
Yours truly,
Immigration Section/MF
Embassy of Canada
Paris

Since that date, nothing as been updated or changed on ECAS or MyCIC, so we are starting to get a bit worried although our lawyer said we are still well within the processing times.

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
prvc said:
If they give you 60 days to submit everything, usually, they will review the file after that given timeframe. So they may have only started to review his file again on February 22, 2017, and it might be on 'Eligibility Review' stage at this point, mine lasted for 3 months. I know this process will get the best of us at some point, but remain hopeful, as I've shared, the overstay won't matter as long as you have a genuine marriage. :)

By the way, you can order your GCMS Notes and see the progress of your app there. :)

If I may add, I never heard anything from CIC since December and no movement/update at all from ECAS or myCIC, yet I just got my PPR this morning. So be positive. Most of the time, CIC is just very inconsistent with their ways. :)
Thank you very much again for all of your input, I really appreciate it! It has helped put my mind at ease a little bit. I think we will order the GCMS notes, it only costs $5 CAD, so why not. I just wasn't sure if it was too soon to do so or not.

In June of this year (2017) it will be 2 years since I have seen or touched my husband (I returned to Canada a couple months after leaving the country with him), so it is starting to get the best of me I think. I am doing my very best to be positive every single day. :) My husband is certainly more positive than I am though! Thanks for all of your advice, and again, I wish you all the best. :D

Kalex

Dec 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
12-12-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
28-11-2016
Med's Request
N/a
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Hope not.
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
carriedomitin said:
Thank you very much for your input. I know you know what you are talking about and that makes me feel a little bit better. :) We got married AFTER my husband's visa expired. He had a solid reason for over staying and we sent a good amount proof to prove our marriage and relationship to be genuine (letters from family and friends, photos of our wedding and photos of each other throughout the whole duration of our relationship, e-mails, facebook chat logs, skype video chat screen shots, proof of our travels together to his country, etc).

I saw the profile of the other member who has already been granted PR through the Paris VO and I have read all of his posts on this thread (I refresh it many times a day). I know everything is case-by-case but that is why I got a bit worried. They sent the following e-mail to our representative on December 22nd, 2016:

Dear Applicant:

In order to complete your application for permanent residence in Canada, please send to our Paris office by email the following documents and information:

Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) (which we sent)

IMM5569/SCHEDULE A to be completed: page 2 section 8 (activities from November 2011 to May 2012 and since September 2016) and positions help for Adequat Interim, Axion Interim,Acidnet, Samsonite, Nike, la Banque Postale, Visions Electronics and Quality Flooring (we sent this as well, these are some of his previous jobs in Canada and in Paris/Reunion Island that they wanted more information on)

If we do not receive these documents within 60 days, your application will be examined on the basis of the material available. This could result in the refusal of your application. ~

Your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed necessary. You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.

For all further correspondence, you must include the complete FILE NUMBER, written as above, in the title and in the text of your message. Failure to do so may delay the processing of your application.
Yours truly,
Immigration Section/MF
Embassy of Canada
Paris

Since that date, nothing as been updated or changed on ECAS or MyCIC, so we are starting to get a bit worried although our lawyer said we are still well within the processing times.
This seem positive to me it means someone is currently looking at your file. Provide the requested information and wait. Don't drive yourself nuts, all will be well with you.

Kalex

Dec 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
12-12-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
28-11-2016
Med's Request
N/a
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Hope not.
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
MichelleCarbonell said:
My husband got his PPR already at Manila VO
congrats. Excited?

Kalex

Dec 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
12-12-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
28-11-2016
Med's Request
N/a
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Hope not.
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
prvc said:
congratulation PRVC pls keep us posted when you lands!! Yahooo!!!

VERHEA

Star Member
Nov 5, 2016
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila VO
App. Filed.......
Nov 3, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 21, 2016
File Transfer...
Jan 27, 2017
Med's Request
Apr 26, 2017
Med's Done....
May 12, 2017
Passport Req..
Jul 4, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2017
LANDED..........
August 4, 2017
prvc said:
Yeeyy! Congratulations PRVC!!!
I always looking up on you. It uplifts my spirit since we got the same day of application. I'm so happy for you. To God be the glory. Warm regards to your loved ones as you will be reunited soonest. God bless always.