+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Luder said:
Hello D,

Million thanks to you. You answered my question for which I was searching but couldn't get a clear answer.

Well, I have booked my tickets. Upon some research, I found landing in Montreal, Quebec for the first time could cause some trouble in immigration check. To be on the safe side I booked tickets to Toronto as transit.

But the thing is, I wasn't sure how long it'll take for the landing formalities to finish. So, I selected a long transit (4 hours and 50 mins) to board the next flight to Halifax. Is it wise or stupid?! Just let me know, I can try to change the tickets coz there's one other option with only 2 hours transit time in Toronto.

A couple more questions.,

1. After getting the visas stamped in Toronto airport, the first landing procedure is over or there's another part in Halifax Airport? Coz my sister in law is coming to pick me from NY. I wish to give her fair tentative timing, don't want her to be waiting for a long time.,

2. I'm travelling thru Frankfurt, Germany as my first transit. The Airline gives only 50 mins for transit there. Will it be enough? Are there any immigration formalities in there? Do I have to transfer the checked baggage that I initially checked in in India when I boarded my first flight? Because, some Middle East based airlines do that. Just want to know if Air Canada does something like that?

Would be great if you could share your valuable suggestions.

Best,

Luder
Hey Luder how are you..
I am trying to answer your question hopefully it will clear your confusions:

I do not know why you figure out that landing in Montreal will cause trouble in immigration check.As far as you have all required documents you wont face any problem in any immigration check in any airport in Canada.
Important thing is Landing is last step of PR so immigration officer must satisfied that you are not going to stay anywhere other then Nova Scotia. And Quebec clearly said that only immigrants who applied through Quebec PNP can stay in their province. So as far as you will show your flight itinerary to Halifax, you would never face any problem.
However its good to chose that option in which we feel safe and if you feel safe in Toronto then no problem at all.

It is good decision as Toronto and Montreal as well very busy airport you might get big queue so its good that you have enough time, I would suggest not to change anything Be safer side always.

No you do not require to do anything once your landing procedure is done in Toronto, Except to get your baggage at Halifax Airport. and Halifax airport is not as big as Toronto so I guess hardly it will take 30-40 minutes to get your baggage after landing time.

2- This is very good question and need to be make sure while booking tickets some times if we do not book ticket from same airlines there is chances to miss flights in this kind of short transit time. For example some one booked ticket from online website and there is combination of two different airlines like Lufthansa and Air Canada or someone book two seperate tickets like one from India to Germany and then Germany to Canada and chose very short transit time so in that case if one flight get delayed or you could not reach the right gate another airlines had no idea that your flight is delayed. So Always chose same airlines and try to book tickets through airline website cause in this case they know that their passenger are coming from other flight or partner airlines and they will reach you as soon as your flight will land.

In International travel always checked your baggage to your last destination as it will save your time while transit if you will not do this you have to claim your baggage n again checked in your luggage then pass security check all the time and to pass security check is too much time taking. So make sure when you get your boarding passes checked in your luggage for last destination and you will get your luggage directly at Halifax does not matter how long your stay and in how many countries you have halt. Airline will take care of that.

All airlines do like that, unless you book your flight seperately like one from India to Frankfurt in one airline and then Frankfurt to Canada in another airline and they are not partner so how both of them will get to know about your baggage. In this case you have to take care of your luggage in all airports.

For Indian Nationals Travelling to North America via Europe never have any problem you do not need any kind of transit visa in anywhere in Europe but make sure your itinerary must show connecting flights and you need to stay inside Airport. Different rules are different nationalities. Please check before booking your flights.

Please never book your flight to Canada via US as you would require a transit visa of US in that case.

regards
D

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
11/04/2017, Passed on 04/08/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
drajpoot said:
Nice to see your concern for Vinay.
Well I tried my best to convince officer but unfortunately Vinay did not get positive response.
I have gone through with all his documents and No doubt his settlement plan was not strong enough additionally something he mentioned was absolutely wrong info which might lead to refusal.
I drafted a letter for him to correct some of his info as much as I can and he got a quick response but not in favor.
I really feel very srry for him.

best regards
D
Yes really feels sad...God will open another door for him.

SDKD

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
11/04/2017, Passed on 04/08/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
mdzakir1 said:
Seems like 1st day of the week is gone with out nomination e-mail...
Yes so sad no nomination... :(

SDKD

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
nonnemacher said:
Hello friends!

It's been a long, long time since I last posted in this thread

I just wanted to inform that my application for PR has been approved, we received the email requesting passport last Thursday.

We applied for NS PNP back in August 2015, and received nomination in September 2016. The rest of my timeline is in my signature below.

It's been a really long road, but it's totally worth it once you reach the end of the line.

I'll see you guys in Halifax! Cheers
Congrats, Very happy for you. Lets meet in Halifax sometime soon. Best of luck for your future

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
drajpoot said:
Its nice to see your efforts guys to help each other Appreciated !!
SO below is the answer which might clear all confusion

There is no any impact on which airport you do landing in Canada. Either you have connecting flight after couple of hours or next day. It will not affect anything just make sure you have valid flight ticket for Halifax. Does not matter its Transit ticket or individual ticket from Toronto to Halifax you only need a ticket to show that you are heading to Halifax.
For example If you have flight from India to Toronto and Toronto to Halifax so your landing would be in Toronto Because you have to cross immigration at first landing Airport in Canada either its Toronto or anyone.
You can not board in any domestic flight without crossing immigration check as International Arrivals always in different GATES and to board in Domestic flight you must need to cross the immigration.

So once you will land at Toronto Pearson International airport you will go to immigration check and officer will ask your documents and he will ask you where are you heading that time you just need to show him your ticket for Halifax so that he wont have any doubt that you are not going in that province against which you got Nomination and PR.

Once he will see all your documents like CoPR, Passport and may be proof of funds he will ask you the address in CAnada cause your PR card will come by post at that address so if you have any address in Halifax then is Ok if not you can tell him you will update on website later once you will land in halifax. Thats it and after that he will put a stamp on your visa and will congratulate you Welcome in Canada.

At Toronto airport there is office of Service Canada from where you can get the SIN number immediately if you wish otherwise you can get it from any Service Canada office in Halifax or anywhere in CAnada.

After all this you are free to go anywhere stay inside airport outside airport anywhere if you have flight next day after two days or after couple of hour you are Permanent resident of Canada.

I hope everyone get your answers.

regards
D
Dear D,
I will be landing in Montreal, is the process same there as well? That i will get my documents stamped in Montreal and I will not have to pass through Immigration in Halifax? please guide

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
drajpoot said:
Hey Luder how are you..

I do not know why you figure out that landing in Montreal will cause trouble in immigration check.As far as you have all required documents you wont face any problem in any immigration check in any airport in Canada.
Important thing is Landing is last step of PR so immigration officer must satisfied that you are not going to stay anywhere other then Nova Scotia. And Quebec clearly said that only immigrants who applied through Quebec PNP can stay in their province. So as far as you will show your flight itinerary to Halifax, you would never face any problem.
However its good to chose that option in which we feel safe and if you feel safe in Toronto then no problem at all.

It is good decision as Toronto and Montreal as well very busy airport you might get big queue so its good that you have enough time, I would suggest not to change anything Be safer side always.

No you do not require to do anything once your landing procedure is done in Toronto, Except to get your baggage at Halifax Airport. and Halifax airport is not as big as Toronto so I guess hardly it will take 30-40 minutes to get your baggage after landing time.

2- This is very good question and need to be make sure while booking tickets some times if we do not book ticket from same airlines there is chances to miss flights in this kind of short transit time. For example some one booked ticket from online website and there is combination of two different airlines like Lufthansa and Air Canada or someone book two seperate tickets like one from India to Germany and then Germany to Canada and chose very short transit time so in that case if one flight get delayed or you could not reach the right gate another airlines had no idea that your flight is delayed. So Always chose same airlines and try to book tickets through airline website cause in this case they know that their passenger are coming from other flight or partner airlines and they will reach you as soon as your flight will land.

In International travel always checked your baggage to your last destination as it will save your time while transit if you will not do this you have to claim your baggage n again checked in your luggage then pass security check all the time and to pass security check is too much time taking. So make sure when you get your boarding passes checked in your luggage for last destination and you will get your luggage directly at Halifax does not matter how long your stay and in how many countries you have halt. Airline will take care of that.

All airlines do like that, unless you book your flight seperately like one from India to Frankfurt in one airline and then Frankfurt to Canada in another airline and they are not partner so how both of them will get to know about your baggage. In this case you have to take care of your luggage in all airports.

For Indian Nationals Travelling to North America via Europe never have any problem you do not need any kind of transit visa in anywhere in Europe but make sure your itinerary must show connecting flights and you need to stay inside Airport. Different rules are different nationalities. Please check before booking your flights.

Please never book your flight to Canada via US as you would require a transit visa of US in that case.

regards
D
Thanks for this answer, I was looking for the same details.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Regarding Proof of Funds at landing

Many people ask me the same question regarding to bring money at time of landing

In this whole process many times there is a requirement to proof of funds and all the time you guys fulfil proof of fund requirement so how come you guys get confused OR forget the way to fulfil this requirement at time of landing. From where you guys conclude Proof of fund means "Bring money"

Proof of funds requirement is same in each stage either you are doing your landing or applying for nomination or applying for PR so from where this terms arise that you must have money in your hand or in your pocket to prove that you have required fund

Best regards
D

Sapsan

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Qamhus123 said:
Dear D,
I will be landing in Montreal, is the process same there as well? That i will get my documents stamped in Montreal and I will not have to pass through Immigration in Halifax? please guide
Apologies for being sarcastic, but the best solution for canadian immigration to solve this kind of puzzle, is to have all provinces stamps in every international airport.
You land in Toronto "what is your PNP status? - NS... Ok, we stamp your passport with NS stamp"
;)

Sapsan

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
drajpoot said:
Regarding Proof of Funds at landing

Many people ask me the same question regarding to bring money at time of landing

In this whole process many times there is a requirement to proof of funds and all the time you guys fulfil proof of fund requirement so how come you guys get confused OR forget the way to fulfil this requirement at time of landing. From where you guys conclude Proof of fund means "Bring money"

Proof of funds requirement is same in each stage either you are doing your landing or applying for nomination or applying for PR so from where this terms arise that you must have money in your hand or in your pocket to prove that you have required fund

Best regards
D
well, if I'm lucky with PR, best option for me is to bring cash of say 10k US dollars (due bank transfer charges and limits).

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Sapsan said:
Apologies for being sarcastic, but the best solution for canadian immigration to solve this kind of puzzle, is to have all provinces stamps in every international airport.
You land in Toronto "what is your PNP status? - NS... Ok, we stamp your passport with NS stamp"
;)
There is no provincial stamps exist, And there is no puzzle.
No province or state can put any stamp on your passport. Passport is a document issued by Government of Country not by State Government

My friend Provincial process is finished long time back CIC is Federal.
If Province give you nomination that does not mean Federal will allow you to enter in Canada but If CIC means Federal allow you to enter in Canada No province has right to stop you enter in their province.

Provincial and Federal two different things Federal Government decide what to do in Country and you are entering in Country thats why PR is issued by CIC not by province.

Each country have same thing if you are from India Passport is Issued by Central Government not State Government. Immigration Department comes under Central not state.

Best regards
D

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Qamhus123 said:
Dear D,
Simple answer You have to cross Immigration when you land at any airport from International flight coming from Outside Country.
If your landing is done in Montreal you would never see Immigration in Halifax.

Same like you travel in your home country by air Did you ever pass through immigration? For example in India - Delhi to Mumbai or Mumbai to banglore etc have you ever pass immigration ?? While each Airport has immigration but if you travel international then you have to cross immigration

regards
D

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Sapsan said:
well, if I'm lucky with PR, best option for me is to bring cash of say 10k US dollars (due bank transfer charges and limits).
Well its up to you , you can bring as much cash or money as much you want but CIC officer is not gonna ask you to show money or He is not gonna count your money. Imagine he will ask you proof of funds and you will show him 10, 000 US dollars on counter ???

By the way if you carry 10, 000 USD Dont forget to declare that as its more than 10, 000 CAD and any amount more than 10,000 CAD need to be declare otherwise you could be fined or funds could be seized and might face trouble in getting PR.

Wish you good Luck

regards
D

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Can't find a match, unfortunately!
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
drajpoot said:
Hey Luder how are you..

regards
D
Million thanks Million times D!

Not only you cleared my confusion but gave a bright daylight clarity!

Well, see you soon!

Best,

Luder

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Can't find a match, unfortunately!
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
Qamhus123 said:
Thanks for this answer, I was looking for the same details.
Yes Qamhus,

Some details may look self explanatory but there will always be nuances which we might miss at times. It's better to grasp as much details as possible before landing.

Hoping to see you soon!

Regards,

Luder

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
drajpoot said:
Simple answer You have to cross Immigration when you land at any airport from International flight coming from Outside Country.
If your landing is done in Montreal you would never see Immigration in Halifax.

Same like you travel in your home country by air Did you ever pass through immigration? For example in India - Delhi to Mumbai or Mumbai to banglore etc have you ever pass immigration ?? While each Airport has immigration but if you travel international then you have to cross immigration

regards
D
Got it, Since from Montreal to Halifax i will be coming through a domestic flight i will come out of airport through a domestic arrival. Got it. Thanks