+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nova Scotia PNP Skilled worker program.

Jasonbourne91

Mar 7, 2024
I'm an international student who completed a 1-year PGWP from a college in Ontario, and I'm in the process of starting my second course in May, However, I received an offer letter from an Insurance agency from Halifax, Nova Scotia, and I'm contemplating whether to study further or work. I have 2 years of experience working as a claims advisor for an MCN named Allstate Insurance back home. So I was wondering, since the claims advisor job falls under the Teer 2 category and the position from this new company falls under the Teer 3 category, I believe I should be qualifying for the Nova Scotia Skilled Worker PNP, Or even if I work for a year I should be able to apply for an express entry category, right? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm an international student who completed a 1-year PGWP from a college in Ontario, and I'm in the process of starting my second course in May, However, I received an offer letter from an Insurance agency from Halifax, Nova Scotia, and I'm contemplating whether to study further or work. I have 2 years of experience working as a claims advisor for an MCN named Allstate Insurance back home. So I was wondering, since the claims advisor job falls under the Teer 2 category and the position from this new company falls under the Teer 3 category, I believe I should be qualifying for the Nova Scotia Skilled Worker PNP, Or even if I work for a year I should be able to apply for an express entry category, right? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!
The issue is that the NS EE program now focuses only on Nova Scotia graduates with one year of experience in NS. For Skilled Worker, is the agency willing to support nomination and meets requirements. They have to show they could not hire a Canadian/PR for the job etc.