+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nova Scotia Demands

583849jm

Jun 10, 2017
I have NOC 3012 and its demandable in Nova Scotia. what are the chances to get the invitation from them? or these are any other chances to get that?

Snipping

Star Member
May 17, 2017
I have NOC 3012 and its demandable in Nova Scotia. what are the chances to get the invitation from them? or these are any other chances to get that?
If your NOC is one of their 'Opportunity Occupations' when they open the Nova Scotia Demand Express Entry Stream Category B (the one not requiring a job offer), then you will be eligible to apply if you have at least 67 points on their selection grid. You will also need to have an Express Entry profile, which requires that you have at least 67 points on the Federal Grid, which is similar to that for the Nova Scotia grid.

583849jm

Jun 10, 2017
If your NOC is one of their 'Opportunity Occupations' when they open the Nova Scotia Demand Express Entry Stream Category B (the one not requiring a job offer), then you will be eligible to apply if you have at least 67 points on their selection grid. You will also need to have an Express Entry profile, which requires that you have at least 67 points on the Federal Grid, which is similar to that for the Nova Scotia grid.
thx for reply. i have 67 points and my Noc comes in Category A. should i wait?

Snipping

Star Member
May 17, 2017
thx for reply. i have 67 points and my Noc comes in Category A. should i wait?
The points grid applies to both Category A and Category B, so with 67 points in both the Federal and Nova Scotia grids, you should be eligible to apply once the stream opens. As for the SINP, with a first come first served basis, you will need to have the application all but ready to submit beforehand, and keep checking the website (and other threads on this site) for updates. Once 'CICNews' has an article about it, it is likely too late.

583849jm

Jun 10, 2017
The points grid applies to both Category A and Category B, so with 67 points in both the Federal and Nova Scotia grids, you should be eligible to apply once the stream opens. As for the SINP, with a first come first served basis, you will need to have the application all but ready to submit beforehand, and keep checking the website (and other threads on this site) for updates. Once 'CICNews' has an article about it, it is likely too late.
So you saying I have to apply on Nova Scotia side when it will open.

1- if I apply through Nova Scotia side. will it affect my EE profile because I have selected all province there?

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
So you saying I have to apply on Nova Scotia side when it will open.

1- if I apply through Nova Scotia side. will it affect my EE profile because I have selected all province there?
You can only apply on their website. For category A u need to have a job offer from Nova scotia, for B u shud have experience in one of their demand occupation

It will not effect ur EE profile eventually after u receive a nomination from them it will processed through EE

Snipping

Star Member
May 17, 2017
You can only apply on their website. For category A u need to have a job offer from Nova scotia, for B u shud have experience in one of their demand occupation

It will not effect ur EE profile eventually after u receive a nomination from them it will processed through EE
jackdawn is correct, it will not affect your EE profile since, once you are nominated, your EE profile will be updated. Where your selection does affect one of the Provincial Nominee programs is the Ontario Immigrant Nomination Program. You must include Ontario on the list of provinces where you would like to reside for them to consider your profile. That program has several streams which are on a 'don't call us, we'll call you' basis, where they select individuals with a minimum score of 400 when they open these streams up.