+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notification time for Citizenship test and Oath Ceremony.

GARRY2262

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Hello, Can someone tell how long before we get the notice to appear for test and oath ceremony ? If one is outside of country, is it long enough notification to come and do it ? Is there any way to request long notice period like three weeks prior to Test and Ceremony ?

Reactions: Harry99

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Right now it is not being done.
Virtual oath ceremonies are being emailed to applicants (not showing in eCAS) and nothing in mail.

but in normal times there's always 2-3 weeks notice sent.
Not sure how CIC will resume when things restart (seems unlikely atm)

RHCP

Apr 14, 2020
Right now it is not being done.
Virtual oath ceremonies are being emailed to applicants (not showing in eCAS) and nothing in mail.

but in normal times there's always 2-3 weeks notice sent.
Not sure how CIC will resume when things restart (seems unlikely atm)
they're probably waiting on the vaccine to come out. Even if that's true, i guess they will be the last batch to take the shot.
what they're doing is just gross me out.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
they're probably waiting on the vaccine to come out. Even if that's true, i guess they will be the last batch to take the shot.
even vaccine is out, many people won't take it since it's a rush fruit

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
This is what is likely to happen, indeed.

The union of federal employees is very powerful, and will surely ask for the vaccine + a daily residual ratio of covid cases of zero, even after the vaccine ... This situation suits them. This situation + the power of their union + and of course the code 699.

Those who are waiting for a test will have to wait years and years if they do not make noise, sittings, contact the local federal parliamentarians (no need if he is conservative, waste of time, you know lol ...), alert the press, etc ...

The pilot program in Vancouver is in my opinion a trick to calm people down.

But in reality nothing is progressing, and citizenship remains de facto interrupted, in fact.

There is no citizenship without testing.

Wake up, make some noise ... Passivity will only confirm the many years and years of waiting to come. IRCC CIC employees will continue to relax quietly with our tax money.

#Resume_Citizenship_Tests

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
As others reference, the whole process is currently subject to disruptions related to Covid-19. It is difficult to forecast when IRCC will resume interviews and testing. So, for the time being, there is not a direct answer to your question.

That does not warrant the hijacking of this topic away from addressing your question, let alone using it to broadcast grossly misleading propaganda and fear-mongering. Sorry your query was diverted.

For when IRCC resumes interviews and testing citizenship applicants . . .

Hello, Can someone tell how long before we get the notice to appear for test and oath ceremony ? If one is outside of country, is it long enough notification to come and do it ? Is there any way to request long notice period like three weeks prior to Test and Ceremony ?
In normal times the amount of notice varies considerably. Generally there should be at least two weeks notice for scheduled events. Many get more notice than that. But some, it sometimes appears, may get less.

CAUTION: be aware that difficulty returning to Canada in time to attend a scheduled event is one of the biggest risks taken by an applicant going abroad for an extended period of time while the application is pending. There is some flexibility wired into the procedure. For example, applicants who missed a scheduled interview and test are generally rescheduled without a problem. At least once. But there are additional logistical and some non-routine processing risks involved if the applicant is living or working abroad while an application is pending. These issues are discussed in more depth in other topics.

In particular, if your plan is to live abroad while the application is pending, many do this and things go OK, but this has risks and for more than a few results in complications. Again, see in-depth discussions about this in other topics.

TEMPORARY TRAVEL ABROAD:

Many label going abroad as "traveling" abroad even if they are actually living or working abroad. However one labels it, there is a real difference between traveling abroad while the citizenship application is pending versus going abroad for a long enough period of time it amounts to living abroad. The latter I addressed above.

If the applicant is traveling abroad, only traveling abroad (not staying abroad for extended period of time), IRCC advises applicants to notify them of the trip. The idea is to give IRCC sufficient notice so IRCC will not schedule events, like interviews and testing, while the applicant is abroad. Anecdotal reports about how this goes vary considerably, with some reports that IRCC went ahead and scheduled the applicant for an event on a date the applicant had given notice to IRCC about being abroad. But it probably works most of the time.

In any event, that is the prudent approach. If, for example, you are traveling abroad for six weeks, if you properly submit this information to IRCC including dates, you should not be scheduled for the test during that time. Little need to worry about having to cut the trip short and rush to Canada on short notice.

Reactions: piotrqc

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Study shown that elevators are the most dangerous thing now a days as it spreads the virus rapidly, and will take forever for people to sit in their office including sanitisation after each ride.

IRCC employees won’t be back ‘ like any government Or private workers ‘ as long there is risk for virus exposure through their commute.

Maybe they need to allow people work from home or take turns on when person can work from office, with capacity of 5-10 % a day.

Alot of respectful industrial exams are online now, examiner request camera and 360 degree view before the exam . So in my opinion online test should be available today... no doubt......