+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notarized documents for PR application

May 31, 2024
Hello all,

I recently received an ITA and am gathering all required documents, I recently stumbled on a video of Kubeir Kamal (askkubeir on YT a reputable consultant) suggesting we need to get documents notarized to ease the process and as I wish for my process to be as smooth as possible I wanted to ask if anyone here went through a similar process and what specific documents they went to get notarized. For reference here are my required documents:

-Passport
-Proof of medical exam
-Education diploma/certificate
-Employment records
-Proof of means/financial support

Another question would be documents that we don't need to submit outright, for example Medical exam and me as a CEC candidate I don't require proof of financial support do we just leave the checkboxes blank? Do we just upload a blank document? What do we do?

Thanks in advance!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello all,

I recently received an ITA and am gathering all required documents, I recently stumbled on a video of Kubeir Kamal (askkubeir on YT a reputable consultant) suggesting we need to get documents notarized to ease the process and as I wish for my process to be as smooth as possible I wanted to ask if anyone here went through a similar process and what specific documents they went to get notarized. For reference here are my required documents:

-Passport
-Proof of medical exam
-Education diploma/certificate
-Employment records
-Proof of means/financial support

Another question would be documents that we don't need to submit outright, for example Medical exam and me as a CEC candidate I don't require proof of financial support do we just leave the checkboxes blank? Do we just upload a blank document? What do we do?

Thanks in advance!
Not sure why Kubeir talked about notarizing these documents(can you share the link where he said so). You don't need to do it. I never notarized mine and neither did my immigration lawyer suggested me to do so.

May 31, 2024
Not sure why Kubeir talked about notarizing these documents(can you share the link where he said so). You don't need to do it. I never notarized mine and neither did my immigration lawyer suggested me to do so.
I remember stumbling on the video I will go back and check, I also plan to ask next time through QnA

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Nope, you don't need to notarize them. If you translate them, they will be verified by the translator. That's enough.

It won't harm definitely, just a complication and extra expenses.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
You can't leave them blank most probably, upload a letter of explanation, why you don't have to provide the documents.

Reactions: Pauvre pecheur
May 31, 2024
Hello I asked Kubeir and it seems I was wrong, its a youtube short video I saw and I missed the whole context. No need to notarize documents unless those you transalate and things like certificate marriages, stuff like that! Thanks all for the replies.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay