+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notarized Contract and IELTS..imp questions

M

mrk

I have couple of important questions

1. Apart from the reference letter on the company letterhead. Do we need to also send the Notarized employment contract OR the original employment contract.....OR BOTH???

2. I have studied my High School, Bachelors, and Masters in USA, which provides sufficient proof that I am familiar with the english language. Is it still recommended to give the IELTS? are there any chances that the immigration officials will request the IELTS?

3. My wife is 5 months pregnant and hopefully will submit the application to the UK office in about one month. How can I add the new born child into the application while it is in process. I have 120 days to submit the supporting documents, but this time is not enough to provide the details of the child. And in the letter they have clearly stated that if supporting documents are not submitted within 120 day then they will close the file.

Please advise/help in this issue...

Thank you
Bye

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
1) notarized employement contract
2) probably not ( i am not experienced in this). Of course the chance of being asked for IELTS is always there. I presume you come from a non-English speaking country otherwise.
3) submit the documents and as soon as the child is born, submit the updated details.

M

mrk

1. So, i guess that the Reference letter on company letter head and notarized contract will suffice...thanks rupeshhari.

2. My native language is Hindi, but studied in USA.

3. What is the procedure or format? I mean do i have to fill the forms again relating to the child and pay the 150 CAD application fees right?

Thanks
Bye

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I presume that you would redo all the documents where you would have had your child's info as well.
You would also send in information like birth certificate and passport (maybe) but not PCC (because someone did ask this before).

As for IELTS, i have heard of cases on here where someone with a Phd in english from Oxford (but the person was Russian) was asked to do IELTS. So you never know about IELTS. I lived most of my life in English speaking countries and i took the chance with IELTS. I am hoping they won't reject the application. At worst, they will come back and ask me to do the exam, which would delay my application process.

How many points do you need in language proficiency to get to 67 points.

tatvi

Mar 9, 2009
I did my entire education in India. But working in US since past 4-5 years.
I am sending my project work/thesis that I did in US for a 8-month management diploma course apart from other information.
I just need 13 - 16 points under language. Hope it would work out.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Tatvi - only do that if you don't mind the risk of your application delayed.

Canary

Mar 12, 2009
My question is if the company are sending a reference letter and detailing all the details of your contract, as asked by cic with the official company stamp and the business card, Why do you need a employment contract? What if you dont have a copy of the original one? The fact that the company are answering all the questions of date of employment, benefits etc......... in that letter, that should be enough right?