+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

notarised?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Unless original are asked, all copies needs to be notarized, this will help them to make decision faster instead of asking you the originals or notarized copies later.

justyzz

Oct 19, 2008
a solicitor has just informed me for immigration purposes i could have the photocopies certified. this is cheaper but i am not sure if this is what is required to submit photocopies of documents for skilled worker immigration . Notarise and certified copies. what is the difference?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A lawyer has to notarize but more people have the power to certify and it's cheaper. For immigration, either one is fine so go with certified if you want to save money.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

justyzz said:
a solicitor has just informed me for immigration purposes i could have the photocopies certified. this is cheaper but i am not sure if this is what is required to submit photocopies of documents for skilled worker immigration . Notarise and certified copies. what is the difference?
1. First of all read the appendix A check list for the office where you are applying, it states what documents must be originals and those that only a copy are required. If it says "certified", it means that the person (lawyer, banker, whoever) stamps it with "certified true copy" when they make a copy of the original.
2. A notarized copy is one made by either a lawyer or notary public.

PMM

justyzz

Oct 19, 2008
The instructions says it needs to be notarised. to be safe i will request for notary services rather than certified copies. it will be cheaper and time saving if i am asked to submit notarased copies after i have submitted certified copies. what do you think?

antonia

Nov 20, 2008
hey
nobody tell me .if it is translated do i have to send the original or a certified or notarized with the traslation.
thanks guys

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Never send originals unless they specifically ask for originals. If not, send a certified copy of the original document along with the translation. Actually, when I got my documents translated, the translator certified my copies and stapled them to the translation.