+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not yet in process

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi all

I would request your help on this.

I have not applied citizenship despite being eligible due to problem in country of birth as CIC mistakenly showed different country in COPR. Family of 4. 1 kid COPR has said mistake. Sent application (IMM5218 – request to amend record of landing……) along with proof of birth to IRCC which shows as delivered on January 18, 2018 as per Canada post tracking number. Until now, no reply or acknowledgement by IRCC over this. Tried calling but never connect with an agent as no application number due to IRCC not acknowledged. Also, no webform email reply by them.

Since I saw name change post here. My question is:

1) applying as family is a good option or will citizenship application be rejected on grounds of wrong country of birth in COPR and PR for 1 kid?
2) Apply separately and wait for wrong docs kid and hope that IRCC reply one day?
3) if somehow IRCC don’t reply over wrong docs correction then will PR be renewed (renewal efforts need to be started by nov 2018) one the basis of old PR information for the kid whose docs have wrong country of birth?

I would so grateful for help and suggestion on this as searching desperately for any help on this.
Hey how did you get the country of birth fixed finally?