+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

not sure i can get a visa?

kieran_uk

May 31, 2014
hi guys so, my Fiance of 6 years as been offered a nursing job in canada with an agency. she is actually there right now doing some exams in toronto. thing is i was told that i because we have been a couple for 6 years and have lived together for 5 years of that time, even though i have no been offered a job or even have a job in place that i would be entitled entry with a "common law" visa as long as i could prove we have lived together for a minimum of a year. Now i posted on Yahoo answers a question about vancouver, something totally unrelated to visa and quite a few people said that i would not gain entry for any longer than six months because i do not have a job offer there and i am not a skilled worker. could any one clear this up for me please that would be excellent. thank you :D

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news – yes, if you can prove that you’ve been living for at least 12 months with your fiancée, you are considered common law and can apply for a spousal open work permit (SOWP) on the basis of your fiancée’s nursing job. This assumes that she will be working as a fully qualified nurse and thus meets the definition of high skilled worker. With a SOWP, you can legally work in any job in Canada. See this link from Citizenship and Immigration Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp