+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not Sure How to Proceed- Kindly Help

DHKA

Jun 5, 2017
IRCC should tell you when to submit your documents.

That's what is a bit worrying, CIC was informed about the newborn and they replied on the 22nd of December that they have acknowledged the information and will send further instructions but haven't received any thing.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That's what is a bit worrying, CIC was informed about the newborn and they replied on the 22nd of December that they have acknowledged the information and will send further instructions but haven't received any thing.
It can take time. You can send a reminder.

DHKA

Jun 5, 2017
It can take time. You can send a reminder.
Hi Canuck_in_UK,

I am doing this via an agent and she has sent 3 reminders and hasn't yet got a response, she says that CiC is usually slow.

Our baby was born in December, and once we informed Cic, we only this email from them, but after that, we have nothing, the agent is asking me to go to the VFS office in London and try presenting the copr letters and the passports to send for cancellation, but i am not sure VFS will accept it as there is no corresponding letter asking for the copr and passports to be sent to them. We got all the required docs (birth certificate, passport) for the baby now except the medicals.

This is what they sent

"Thank you for notifying our office about the birth of your newborn baby. We have now re-opened your file. Please be advised that you will need to provide additional documentation in order to add the child on to your application. I will be sending you the instructions shortly. Unfortunately, this will mean your COPR will be cancelled. We strongly advise that you do not try to land before adding the child on to your application as we require his/her birth certificate, passport and a medical examination."

FYI, our medicals expired on the 25th of Jan this year, and so did the COPR.

Any ideas on the best way to proceed?

Thanks,
DHKA

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Canuck_in_UK,

I am doing this via an agent and she has sent 3 reminders and hasn't yet got a response, she says that CiC is usually slow.

Our baby was born in December, and once we informed Cic, we only this email from them, but after that, we have nothing, the agent is asking me to go to the VFS office in London and try presenting the copr letters and the passports to send for cancellation, but i am not sure VFS will accept it as there is no corresponding letter asking for the copr and passports to be sent to them. We got all the required docs (birth certificate, passport) for the baby now except the medicals.

This is what they sent

"Thank you for notifying our office about the birth of your newborn baby. We have now re-opened your file. Please be advised that you will need to provide additional documentation in order to add the child on to your application. I will be sending you the instructions shortly. Unfortunately, this will mean your COPR will be cancelled. We strongly advise that you do not try to land before adding the child on to your application as we require his/her birth certificate, passport and a medical examination."

FYI, our medicals expired on the 25th of Jan this year, and so did the COPR.

Any ideas on the best way to proceed?

Thanks,
DHKA
All you can really do at this point is send a CSE.