+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not meeting the documents require to renew PR

Bonita1

Dec 5, 2013
I need a huge help because i don't know what to do

I became resident in 2008 sept this is my fifth year in canada and I have never leave canada. I want to renew my resident card it was expired in 2013 October but I'm missing every documents they are asking to have :( after my mom passed away in 2009 we moved out of the house all the documents got lost. Please help if there's another way.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonita1 said:
I need a huge help because i don't know what to do

I became resident in 2008 sept this is my fifth year in canada and I have never leave canada. I want to renew my resident card it was expired in 2013 October but I'm missing every documents they are asking to have :( after my mom passed away in 2009 we moved out of the house all the documents got lost. Please help if there's another way.
Are you travelling any soon, if yes you might need a PR card, You are just saying missing document's what sort of documents are you missing, care to share make your questions more open so, I can share my experience

Bonita1

Dec 5, 2013
One (1) primary identity document
A copy of one of the following:

your valid passport or travel document, or
the passport or travel document you held at the time you became a permanent resident (including your passport’s page that was stamped when you arrived in Canada and became a permanent resident), or
the certificate of identity or travel document issued by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Canada or a foreign country.

your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), or
your valid provincial driver’s license, or
your valid provincial photo-identity card, or
your valid student card issued from a provincially accredited college or university, or
your most recent Income Tax assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency within the past two (2) years.

That's what the page online said I can't send a link here and I'm not planning to travel I just wanna renew my card and the only documents I have is my landing (IMM 1000) and I can prove that I was going to school through the five years I been here

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonita1 said:

the passport or travel document you held at the time you became a permanent resident (including your passport's page that was stamped when you arrived in Canada and became a permanent resident), or
the certificate of identity or travel document issued by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Canada or a foreign country.

your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), or
your valid provincial driver's license, or
your valid student card issued from a provincially accredited college or university, or
your most recent Income Tax assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency within the past two (2) years.

That's what the page online said I can't send a link here and I'm not planning to travel I just wanna renew my card and the only documents I have is my landing (IMM 1000) and I can prove that I was going to school through the five years I been here
So you lost your passport as well? :eek:
You must contact the embassy of your country to re-issue your passport...you need proof of citizenship for this (old passport or mother/fathers passport copy or birth certificate or anything that your country wants).

Your old PR card - which you have I guess. You already have your IMM1000.
You must be having your Student ID card from College/ Univ.

So basically you have everything except passport ( or do you have this also?)...

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonita1 said:

the passport or travel document you held at the time you became a permanent resident (including your passport's page that was stamped when you arrived in Canada and became a permanent resident), or

your valid provincial driver's license, or

Hey it looks like all mess.
1.Anyway in order to get your passport, call your Local Consulate office, and ask them what is the procedure to get a new passport, i hope you have copy of your older passport atleast, they might be able to issue a new passport.
2.to get to know about the record of your entry and exit, contact CBSA and you will get to know the record.
3.You mentioned you already have the landing paper, i mean landing paper.
4. if you have Driver license, go to service ontario, and they will issue a new driver licence.
5. Get all your transcript and Student ID and keep the record of your study.
6. you have to call Canada Revenue Agency, and they will send all your income tax assessment copy record for last 5 years. get all your T4, your bank statement copy. and your residence address proof of your stay in last 5 years.
7.In this regards you need to consult a Immigration Consultant/ Lawyer, and he/she will let you know the every steps, cuz your case is complicated, in if you need to apply for a citizenship in near future, you need all this documents.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
Hey it looks like all mess.
1.Anyway in order to get your passport, call your Local Consulate office, and ask them what is the procedure to get a new passport, i hope you have copy of your older passport atleast, they might be able to issue a new passport.
2.to get to know about the record of your entry and exit, contact CBSA and you will get to know the record.
3.You mentioned you already have the landing paper, i mean landing paper.
4. if you have Driver license, go to service ontario, and they will issue a new driver licence.
5. Get all your transcript and Student ID and keep the record of your study.
6. you have to call Canada Revenue Agency, and they will send all your income tax assessment copy record for last 5 years. get all your T4, your bank statement copy. and your residence address proof of your stay in last 5 years.
7.In this regards you need to consult a Immigration Consultant/ Lawyer, and he/she will let you know the every steps, cuz your case is complicated, in if you need to apply for a citizenship in near future, you need all this documents.
Hello... I disagree on certain points you have raised.

I am not sure if you have noticed the documents required have an "or" in between.
OP does not need income tax assessment copy from CRA.....yes Residence address proof and T4 will help ..but the OP has never left canada so I dont think there is an issue to fulfill the residence obligation.
Record of entry exit is not required for PR card renewal - OP has been in Canada since 2008.
You are right...for citizenship..OP will need all these documents.

The case is not complicated if OP gets the passport - thats all that needs to be corrected.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vermanaman said:
Hello... I disagree on certain points you have raised.

I am not sure if you have noticed the documents required have an "or" in between.
OP does not need income tax assessment copy from CRA.....yes Residence address proof and T4 will help ..but the OP has never left canada so I dont think there is an issue to fulfill the residence obligation.
Record of entry exit is not required for PR card renewal - OP has been in Canada since 2008.
You are right...for citizenship..OP will need all these documents.

The case is not complicated if OP gets the passport - thats all that needs to be corrected.
I quotes that with best of my knowledge, and i replied with all fact putting altogether, cuz it's time for her to apply for a citizenship application in near future.
I quote that cuz when they look that fact of entry and exit, she do not have passport, and only to prove entry when she came to canada in 2008 , i would better attached CBSA report for any complication that may raised. she don't have a passport with stamps that will prove bonita entry in canada.
you may be right, but prevention is better than cuirty.. i would attached CBSA Report

Bonita1

Dec 5, 2013
Forgot to mention that I'm 18 and I graduated from high school and I went to elementary school here
Does that help my case? I can prove that I study here and send them my mom death certificate to help my case? And I'll contact CBSA to get record of me entering canada. I can't start university/college because I don't have ID

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonita1 said:
Forgot to mention that I'm 18 and I graduated from high school and I went to elementary school here
Does that help my case? I can prove that I study here and send them my mom death certificate to help my case? And I'll contact CBSA to get record of me entering canada. I can't start university/college because I don't have ID
Do you have your passport or no?

Bonita1

Dec 5, 2013
no I don't. when I came to canada I didn't have passport but I had this paper with visa on it, it was like passport. I don't know where my mom kept all those documment

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonita1 said:
no I don't. when I came to canada I didn't have passport but I had this paper with visa on it, it was like passport. I don't know where my mom kept all those documment
So you had something like a travel document...do you have copy or any proof of your relation to your home country? birth certificate? your moms passport? - the most important thing you need is passport to apply for PR card renewal...everything else is secondary.

Your school documents and whatever you have plus entry-exit report - documents to prove your residency are all good for PR renewal.

Bonita1

Dec 5, 2013
I don't have any prove at all, even my mom passport. If I had it I would have apply for another passport of my country but I can't :(

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are in pretty serious trouble then....contact your embassy immediately and find a solution to this first.