+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not declaring Previous Marriage ?

Citizinmrs

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Asking for a friend .
He previously got married to his ex and she applied for US VISA which they attended together and she was refused.
Now he is married to someone else and he will like to sponsor the new wife.
He wants doesn't want to declare the previous marriage in his application because he believes Canada won't find out. I adviced they will because of the us visa but he said he wasn't the one who applied that the wife was the one who applied.
Guys how true is this ?
He is from Ghana and he believes they don't have record of marriage so cic will never find out.
Need advice

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
He has to declare it.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Never ever leave anything out from any application to Canada immigration given at some point either with an initial application or later on with some other interaction with the authorities it may come to light and cause big problems.

Canada and the US share a lot of information so can never ever say nobody may find out. If he is divorced from first wife what is the issue anyway, did he sponsor the first wife. As for not having a record of any previous marriage can he be 100 percent sure the ex wife has not filled in any form anywhere showing him as her ex husband, such a US visa application for example ?

As said in any application if the question is asked always be honest in any answer do not assume anything but ultimately decision is his to make not anybody here on this forum

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Asking for a friend .
He previously got married to his ex and she applied for US VISA which they attended together and she was refused.
He wants doesn't want to declare the previous marriage in his application because he believes Canada won't find out. I adviced they will because of the us visa but he said he wasn't the one who applied that the wife was the one who applied.
Guys how true is this ?
He is from Ghana and he believes they don't have record of marriage so cic will never find out.
Need advice
The US and Canada share information. If he fails to declare his first marriage, he should expect the PR application to be refused and also to receive a 5 year ban from Canada for misrepresentation.

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
Asking for a friend .
Guys how true is this ?
Need advice
Did he divorce his first wife before marrying his second wife? If yes, what's wrong in just saying that he had divorced his first wife before getting married again. It should be simple - he will just need to show proof of divorce.

MKASSN

Oct 22, 2021
Hi everyone, I got AOR but I am now worried a lot because I did error in filling the forms. I didn't mention my previous marriage which is divorced through court. Rukhsati was not done so I misunderstood the form and filled unmarried. What should I do now? Should my sponsor with draw the application and file the new case or we should send the divorce certificate to CIC with a letter of explanation? Please help me.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hi everyone, I got AOR but I am now worried a lot because I did error in filling the forms. I didn't mention my previous marriage which is divorced through court. Rukhsati was not done so I misunderstood the form and filled unmarried. What should I do now? Should my sponsor with draw the application and file the new case or we should send the divorce certificate to CIC with a letter of explanation? Please help me.
R u from Pakistan ?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Asking for a friend .
Guys how true is this ?
Need advice
Do not lie to IRCC about your previous marriages please, it is not hard for them to do a record search on your name, especially as USA shares information with IRCC and your name will get a hit in their system. It is highly likely they will find out and punish you.

MKASSN

Oct 22, 2021
I have first notice sent to me at my home address from the court, my ex answer submitted into the court, my answer submitted into the court, judgement of the judge and the final divorce degree of the court. I have no divorce registration certificate from the union council.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
What about registration with Nadra. Did u registered your first nikkah in nadra