+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not able to provide PCC for Common Law Sponsorship at the time of application submission

RM07

Sep 16, 2024
Hi all,
I am seeking some advice/suggestions as I have to submit my CLP sponsorship application soon and somehow I missed the information that PCC needs to be submitted upfront at the time of application. I have now submitted my PCC application to my country of residence but it will take time to get everything done. Seeking advice for:
1.) Is it okay if I will submit LOE and the applied status of PCC application as proof that I am already trying to get my PCC done?
2.) Will my application be considered as applied with full documents and I will receive AOR on time?
3.) Will my application be rejected at the first step even with LOE??

Has anyone applied their application with LOE for PCC and got AOR??
Thank you in advance!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don't think anyone can answer your question. You can try, but it may be returned to you as incomplete.

You don't say how long you expect the PCC to take. Personally I think in most cases will make more sense to wait and submit as complete. My view might change depending on how long you expect.

Reactions: RM07 and scylla

RM07

Sep 16, 2024
Expected time period to receive PCC is 4-6 weeks which may take longer.
And I have very limited time to wait for PCC to submit my application as my visa will be expiring in 6 weeks as well and want to submit OPW request before that.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Expected time period to receive PCC is 4-6 weeks which may take longer.
And I have very limited time to wait for PCC to submit my application as my visa will be expiring in 6 weeks as well and want to submit OPW request before that.
If 4-6 weeks, I would suggest waiting for the PCC. If your application is returned as incomplete, whatever statuses you may have had in between on a temporary basis may be invalid. It would be a lot more wasted time.

You can apply and should apply to extend your current visa instead.

Up to you.

RM07

Sep 16, 2024
Thank you for your advice! I am on PGWP, do not really know how to extend as I and my partner were hoping to get OWP in the mean time but this PCC thing has pushed things at delay at this point!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your advice! I am on PGWP, do not really know how to extend as I and my partner were hoping to get OWP in the mean time but this PCC thing has pushed things at delay at this point!
I don't know mch about this aspect, but you should be able to ask to switch your status to visitor (I believe), that is, if extension of your PGWP is not possible (which I assume you have looked into). This may not fit with your timing or expectations regarding the work permit (which I understand can take some time anyway).

But I repeat my warning: if your application is returned, it may cause problems for whatever status you think you have achieved in the interim.

Again, your choice.

Reactions: YVR123 and scylla